Sign in to follow this  
zebie

not working at all................want my money back

does not work at all ..even after a total -re-install............of both FSX and WIN7 Ultimate 64 Pro.............

want a refund...

I tried all conditions stated in manual and to my dissapointment no effects.............

no rookie to FSX....been using this since the very first FS..........

Very tech savvy with FSX...but this I cant solve...not my software......and yes this is my third re-install

highly upset.....no effects.....................

Oh yea. by the way tried ever single solution twice. no joy and I mean every single one. thus the re-install 3 times.......

Hello my friend,

I'm very sorry to hear about your troubles. You didn't actually explain what problems you're having, so not a lot I can help address.  But since you've been around about as long as I have (over 30 years in flight simulation), I'm sure you know that if everyone else is able to run software without having problems, it's highly likely that any problems one might experience are caused by their computer, their software, or the settings being used.

For the record, I've run all the FSFX effects products without issue, and I have som much FS software installed it's rather embarrassing!. (LOL)

Anyway, I personally know Keven at FSFX, and he is one of the best with customer support in our hobby - he's absolutely devoted to his customers.  I recommend working with him to resolve the problems you're having.

Before you go further down the troubleshooting road, I'd like to ensure you're aware the FSFX Effects are advanced affects, tied to weather variables rather than simply throwing effects on and around the aircraft under all conditions. One has to have the correct atmospheric conditions for the Effects to show up - just like in real life.  I don't know, but if you've tried everything on the technical side, I'm wondering if you looked at that?

Give Keven an opportunity to help you, and if you wouldn't mind I'd love to hear how you make out.

My very best wishes.

• Upvote 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I cannot not help the OP with their issues, however I felt compelled to respond because of Dave's great response. Informative, courteous, clear and level headed.

Regards 

Paul Edwards

Why thank you Paul!

I can certainly feel the OPs frustration, and I think many of us can remember a time when some FS software wasn't working for us.

I just had to do a complete Windows re-install (a rarity for me, since I maintain a daily system image), and after reinstalling FTX Vector I just couldn't get it working!  I was a hairs breath from calling on ORBX (since I do tech support, it's a Pride and Prejudice type thing for me to reach out to a developer for help..;. lol) when I figured out it I was installing a major update update rather than the full package - though to be honest, the update installer package should been designed to check and see if Vector was installed - in case it was run by an idiot like me!

Anyway, we pay really good money for something, it doesn't work (for whatever reason), we spend hours on it, and well, I can understand the frustration. I'll admit one occasion (though a number of years ago) when I wrote to a developer privately out of frustration. To their credit, they took what I said on the chin and politely helped me. The problem was me all along, which was doubling embarrassing for me since I gave the developer my background in that email!  Whoa! I suppose that was a turning point for me!

So I'm not without sin either, but I learned from the experience (well, I don't think I had a choice... LOL!!!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

does not work at all ..even after a total -re-install............of both FSX and WIN7 Ultimate 64 Pro.............
want a refund...
I tried all conditions stated in manual and to my dissapointment no effects.............
no rookie to FSX....been using this since the very first FS..........
Very tech savvy with FSX...but this I cant solve...not my software......and yes this is my third re-install
highly upset.....no effects.....................
 Oh yea. by the way tried ever single solution twice. no joy and I mean every single one. thus the re-install 3 times.......

The frustration is real.  I get it.

But those shouty GTA5 forum manners won't get you far in resolving anything. 

too old for you guys to take what im saying as some rant.....Its a fact im sure its me and my system setup.....but it still aint working,,,,and like i said tried everything twice and then some...................................

but given the one million computer variables......I cant get this thing to work.........................All I want is just simple realism in my flights....thought this program might help that......

too old for you guys to take what im saying as some rant.....Its a fact im sure it me and my system setup.....but it still aint working,,,,and like i said tried everything twice and then some...................................

but given the one million computer variables......I cant get this thing to work.........................

So you have no working lights, vapour trails or vortex effects?

So you have no working lights, vapour trails or vortex effects?

nope not on 737 ngx (pmdg) nothing nodda. like isaid install 3 times.. ran updates from pmdg ops center all up to date, not using fs2crew or any other addons for this aircraft....and yes i have 700-600 also...since the immersion package came out i never seen one effect including rain tracks from wheels.....looked in aircraft config....entries are there..but no effects.......all visual settings assoiated with the effects are turn up to high or med as suggested.......system very well capable of runnig at high settings...........................still no effects even tried to get AS2016 to accomadte weather conditions to reproduce effects .....no joy.............

Keep mind..fresh install aint much addons here..just whats needed,  fsuipc...fsx....as2016....pmdg.....and of course FSFX

Keep mind..fresh install aint much addons here..just whats needed,  fsuipc...fsx....as2016....pmdg.....and of course FSFX

Just a thought, and I don't know if this will help at all, but have you installed the simmconnect files.

Just a thought, and I don't know if this will help at all, but have you installed the simmconnect files.

twice and what does simmconnect have to do with a program thats not networked....?

twice and what does simmconnect have to do with a program thats not networked....?

Just covering everythign I can think of.  Otherwise your problem doesn't make much sense.  It's not really a complicated application, 

and what does simmconnect have to do with a program thats not networked....?

Programs are networked to FSX/P3D with SimConnect even if they are on the same PC.

• Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Programs are networked to FSX/P3D with SimConnect even if they are on the same PC.

there up to date....latest everything

Are your graphics drivers up to date?

Jay

updates are current

fsuipc latest

nvidia latest

simconnect latest

as2016 latest

all the above are up to date including VFX central