Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

This is Unnacceptable

Is my rig dying?  Single digits with AI traffic off (boats are on with the awesome boats package here on avsim), autogen is completely disabled!

Seen in this shot are Orbx SCA, Latin VFR KSNA, Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25 (the new one), and REX textures with OPUS FSI generating the weather.

7 FPS!  FML!  Why?

terrible.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

ORBX SCA is most likely the culprit.  I don't own the product but ORBX NA Landclass does just fine for SCA without the fps and VAS hit.

Sean Green

In p3d can all settings go back to default like building a new fsx. Cfg?

ZORAN

turn the boats off and see if that changes things.

Vic 

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Something definitely wrong as your rig should easily be handling that scenery. Try running with each addon on/off  (KSNA, SCA, Opus) to narrow down the cause. And try a different aircraft.

Why?  That's easy.... Orbx SCA, Latin VFR KSNA, Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25 (the new one), and REX textures with OPUS FSI generating the weather.  :Tounge:

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

If you skip on over to the Lockheed forum, you'll find a coupla three other people with the exact same issue.

Possibilities are a bad Win10 update to ORBX issues. Not sure if they ever made any headway on the matter.

Cheers,

Mark

I've already got orbx sca running with all that stuff disabled.

I'm surprised that the auto-gen really doesn't affect fps - did LM offset AG to the GPU

I probably need a clean install of p3d

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Last time I used FSX:SE or P3D I set Autogen to FULL LEFT, Scenery Complexity FULL RIGHT... No shadows.... no AI ( only low airport traffic )

Did run fine... at a solid 30 FPS in external sim driven mode.

With PMDG's 777 sometimes as low as 23, but still acceptable... 

AS16 and ASCA have no impact at all in my tests, either running on the same rig or over the net.

Ah!  Default scenery and mesh only - there are no miracles, specially for an old i5 2500 @ 3,3GHz

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I notice Orbx SCA takes a hit often, I have no problem with it and having been born on the high Mojave I'm thrilled with the many details it adds.

This problem might be something I found with LatinVFR KSNA when overflying on a SID from KLAX.  My frame rate would drop to about 7 until past the airport.  Turning off the airport in the scenery library confirmed it.  I turned off a few of the photo bgl's and problem solved.  See also the Orbx forum pinned compatibility post where they have recommendations for making LatinVFR KSNA compatible with SCA.

Dan Downs KCRP

I probably need a clean install of p3d

Maybe, but why are you not seeing any night lights from Orbx SoCal?

If you want to see if it's P3D issue, test the same location with all those Add-ons disabled and see what your FPS is like.  Are you using the FSX version of Lear 25?  Even if XP recommend turning OFF optimize_parts for the P3D version of the Lear 25, I wouldn't do that ... I see a FPS hit when I do that.  I just live with the Lear 25 visual problems and hope the dev will eventually fix it to work in P3D.

Cheers, Rob.

Autogen is disabled that's why no lights

I've got the FSX Lear installed in P3D with OP=1 back on

It wasn't a steady 7, but a drop to 7, multitude drops. Average of 12

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I uninstalled ORBX SC because it was just too much of a load. NC works good but SC is a hog with memory and FPS.

• Upvote 3

Richie Walsh