Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

This is Unnacceptable

Hi all,

I had a similar thing happen to me recently. I only have an i3 and with GEX, UTX PMDG and Active Sky am happy with mid twenties frame rates most of the time, but the other day I too was down to 7fps if not lower. I thought my PC was on it's last legs.

However I found a test program on the Intel site to check your processor for faults. It basically loads your processor over 10 mins or so and monitors the temperatures. Mine failed................Oh no.

So I took the cover off the PC and found the Heat Sink had become detached from the processor after the last clean. Fixed it back in place after another clean, cleaned the GPU which was totally full of dust, how it ever worked I have no idea.

Anyway, now I am back to almost high 20's to 30 fps...................So a good clean out of your PC  to remove dust and stop it overheating might be something to try too.

Hope this helps some.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

No AG, oh that's is bad FPS for no AG.  I have KSNA, but not installed as I didn't think it was compatible with P3D V3.x ... I'll install it and report back.

Cheers, Rob

I have KSNA, but not installed as I didn't think it was compatible with P3D V3.x ... I'll install it and report back.

There's a new KSNA installer for P3D3.

I also find that ORBX SC is a resource hog, I can barely run that area, so I tend not to fly around KLAX much because of this. Especially with PMDG or Aerosoft aircrafts. Even when flying GA has a performance impact for me as well. There's something strange with that area. I think ORBX needs to optimize it better somehow. Until then, I won't be flying in that area.

• Upvote 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Installed the latest LatinVFR KSNA and tried to run P3D and got an OOM at the 77% mark, never fully loaded.

I'll try again, but my hunch is KSNA isn't compatible with P3D or Orbx SoCal.  If I disable KSNA, P3D loads with about 900MB free.

I'll continue to try to get KSNA to load, but so far not looking good for KSNA.

Cheers, Rob

Update: tried 4 times to get LatinVFR to load with the Lear 25 and orbx SoCal, disabled all configuration options and ran very low graphics settings, unfortunately OOM every time.  Had to uninstall LatinVFR KSNA to get back to a working Orbx SoCal.

Maybe the SNA is causing the problem for me then. Ill reinstall SC and deactivate SNA.

Richie Walsh

I tried to recreate this flight tonight.  I didn't fly the whole route (didn't have the time) but I did fly a radar pattern at KSNA (self vectors for the ILS 20R), with the same conditions.  Sim was a bit stuttery but I maintained approx 25 fps for most of the flight. (with the Lear 25)

I'm going to guess there was a memory leak or close to OOM situation last night.  I flew from SFO to SNA and P3D would have loaded all of these addons:  Flightbeam KSFO HD, Orbx NCA, Orbx KMRY (as I passed near it), Orbx SCA, FSDT KLAX, of course LVFR SNA as well as REX clouds and OPUS FSI for the entire flight plan.  Then the new Lear on top of that is pretty rough... That's a pretty heavy load I think.  Even with the AG disabled.

Tonight I disabled ships though and saved a new config.  I'll turn those off too when flying SCA...  my old rig just can't handle all that stuff.

Thanks for the tip about the heat - I did just clean it out two months ago but I'll check for anything that might be loose.

IDK...  I like Orbx stuff but SCA is really rough, even outside of LAX/urban downtown area.  I have LVFR SAN and it's just as tough as any payware airport.  Well maybe not Flightbeam, but he makes the very best most optimized scenery I've ever seen!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I have flown into KSNA with the NGX and the Dash8 with samme add-ons as you without OOM but FPS down to 17-25 i recall in 1920x1200.

Now i am at 4K . Can test later today with a short flight from KLAX in the DASH8 for instance 

PS!

I have disabled any related to KSNA in the FTX librarys and Mytraffic as well

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I tried to recreate this flight tonight.  I didn't fly the whole route (didn't have the time) but I did fly a radar pattern at KSNA (self vectors for the ILS 20R), with the same conditions.  Sim was a bit stuttery but I maintained approx 25 fps for most of the flight. (with the Lear 25)

I'm going to guess there was a memory leak or close to OOM situation last night.  I flew from SFO to SNA and P3D would have loaded all of these addons:  Flightbeam KSFO HD, Orbx NCA, Orbx KMRY (as I passed near it), Orbx SCA, FSDT KLAX, of course LVFR SNA as well as REX clouds and OPUS FSI for the entire flight plan.  Then the new Lear on top of that is pretty rough... That's a pretty heavy load I think.  Even with the AG disabled.

Tonight I disabled ships though and saved a new config.  I'll turn those off too when flying SCA...  my old rig just can't handle all that stuff.

Thanks for the tip about the heat - I did just clean it out two months ago but I'll check for anything that might be loose.

IDK...  I like Orbx stuff but SCA is really rough, even outside of LAX/urban downtown area.  I have LVFR SAN and it's just as tough as any payware airport.  Well maybe not Flightbeam, but he makes the very best most optimized scenery I've ever seen!

Okay i testet with the Dash 8 from FSDT KLAX to LatinVfr KSNA with FTXSCA at 06.50 in the morning with good weather dated from 21-7-2016 in AS2016+ASCA

Autogen dense and complexity maxed , LOD=High , some road traffic and Mytraffic at 10%

I must admit that if was really close to OOM . If there has been some clouds i would guess it would have caused a OOM (Autogen needs to go back to normal )

But FPS was good , actually about 26-30fps and very smooth

see picture here below

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bt144qofjv5u5b9/AAB0qM65ITDW2i6P-5wMPRRPa?dl=0

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Thanks for that.

Isn't the Q400 one of the best performers for fps though? This new Learjet, while really incredible, is a fps crusher on my rig.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks for that.

Isn't the Q400 one of the best performers for fps though? This new Learjet, while really incredible, is a fps crusher on my rig.

It might be. Thats why i only manage 20-25 fps here with the NGX

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png