Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

FsLabs - A320X License Upgrade Path Clarification - P3D version

Hi! Folks,

Craig Read asked to Flight Labs Team about some questions. See below the answers:

By Craig Read:

"Firstly, I'm not expecting an answer now but I'd like to pose these questions so you can consider providing some answers to us as it will make a difference on how some (including me) go about buying the A320X.  I am aware of a number of posts on the subject of licensing and costs and I'm just trying to understand costs / license model.  As I understand it the following has been said:

1 - There will be an FSX upgrade to P3D price, and it will be a "straight difference" between the FSX and P3D variants i.e. $99.99 for FSX, $Y for P3D, upgrade cost = $Y - $99.99

2 - Upgrade from P3D standard to P3D profession has not yet been determined.

Points of clarity for me would be:

1 - Is my assertion in (1) above correct?

2 - If the FSX version is purchased, will the P3D upgrade be released at the same time as the P3D stand alone version?

3 - If the upgrade to P3D is purchased, does the user have licenses for both P3D and FSX variants simultaneously?  Or does the buyer have to relinquish their FSX license and then get a P3D license?  Only licensed to use either the P3D or FSX version at any one time?

4 - Will there be options to upgrade from the standard offering for P3D to the Professional Variant?  Will this be a standard fixed price as per assertion (1)?"

By Lefteris Kalamaras from FSLabs Team:

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Yes. No relinquishing whatsoever. You'll own both licenses.

4. Undetermined at this point.

We invite everyone to get the FSX version now - you'll be able to get the equivalent P3D version for a straight up upgrade once it's out and you'll have both licenses then.

Thanks and enjoy the beast.

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

I am just going to wait till all the noise settles down and P3D license for the bird has started to sell.  My main focus over the next few months is to see their support delivery.  Some addon providers just do horrible job delivering support.  I am paying for support period.  But what I read is that this is a very good product. 

Looking forward to see the ongoing development.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Top notch product and one of the best support teams i've witnessed, if not the best.

They are doing a very very good job, i'm impressed even after knowing it would be good.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Top notch product and one of the best support teams i've witnessed, if not the best.

They are doing a very very good job, i'm impressed even after knowing it would be good.

Good to know.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Hi! Folks,

Craig Read asked to Flight Labs Team about some questions. See below the answers:

By Craig Read:

"Firstly, I'm not expecting an answer now but I'd like to pose these questions so you can consider providing some answers to us as it will make a difference on how some (including me) go about buying the A320X.  I am aware of a number of posts on the subject of licensing and costs and I'm just trying to understand costs / license model.  As I understand it the following has been said:

1 - There will be an FSX upgrade to P3D price, and it will be a "straight difference" between the FSX and P3D variants i.e. $99.99 for FSX, $Y for P3D, upgrade cost = $Y - $99.99

2 - Upgrade from P3D standard to P3D profession has not yet been determined.

Points of clarity for me would be:

1 - Is my assertion in (1) above correct?

2 - If the FSX version is purchased, will the P3D upgrade be released at the same time as the P3D stand alone version?

3 - If the upgrade to P3D is purchased, does the user have licenses for both P3D and FSX variants simultaneously?  Or does the buyer have to relinquish their FSX license and then get a P3D license?  Only licensed to use either the P3D or FSX version at any one time?

4 - Will there be options to upgrade from the standard offering for P3D to the Professional Variant?  Will this be a standard fixed price as per assertion (1)?"

By Lefteris Kalamaras from FSLabs Team:

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Yes. No relinquishing whatsoever. You'll own both licenses.

4. Undetermined at this point.

We invite everyone to get the FSX version now - you'll be able to get the equivalent P3D version for a straight up upgrade once it's out and you'll have both licenses then.

Thanks and enjoy the beast.

This is pretty amazing and makes we want to buy the FSX version now and upgrade to the P3D later on when it is released.  Well done FSLabs!

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000