Sign in to follow this  
jimmy64

V3.3.5 running perfectly!

For my Sandy Bridge Extreme the following worked best.

Affinity mask=85

HT=on

Frames locked internally at 30

VSync=off

Tessellation=high

Dynamic Reflections=off

For autogen: vegetation Max, houses off

Scenery complexity maxed

Other settings med-high to ultra

Turned cockpit tooltips off

No more tweaking. If ya'll don't hear from me for a while, I'm enjoying this sim!

James McLees

Well done. You've just put the kibosh on your flight sim. NEVER, EVER, say fs is working perfectly.

• Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

To me this shows just how different systems and simmers set up their rigs to their liking.  Using Jimmy's post my settings with my 2600K works best at:

Affinity mask= left at whatever default is
HT=off
Frames locked internally at "Unlimited"
VSync=off
Tessellation=high
Dynamic Reflections=off

For autogen: vegetation Max, houses Max
Scenery complexity maxed

Other settings high to ultra
Turned cockpit tooltips off

:smile:

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I'm with you, Clutch Cargo. 2600K/3.4GHz and pretty much the same settings (except VSync on right now). But as you say, it's a difficult interplay of components. I use an Intel board (DZ68DB) and an  EVGA GTX970, btw.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Affinity mask=85

HT=on

Frames locked internally at 30

VSync=off

Hey James-

Same here, but still running 3.2.3  

P3D on 0,2,4,6 and AS2016 on 1,3,5,7-that's it.

You might try VSync=60 and frames unlimited at the low(er) fps heavy airports. Works even better.

I haven't touched this setup for well over a month; don't even think about it anymore, I just fly which is great.

Cheers,

Mark

Hey James-

You might try VSync=60 and frames unlimited at the low(er) fps heavy airports. Works even better.

I haven't touched this setup for well over a month; don't even think about it anymore, I just fly which is great.

Cheers,

Mark

Hm, you just made an utterly useless topic even more utterly useless. James said his sim is working great so... why tell him to change things and screw it all up? But ah, well, that's what you get with utterly useless topics like this. (Yeah, I am in a weird mood... ;) ) I always wonder what's the use of posting random settings for random systems and saying it works great. Or sucks. Or whatever. Who gives a ######? Utterly useless. (Yes, I am in a VERY weird mood... ;) )

Hey James-

Cheers,

Mark

I've noticed that also Mark, if I can't hold 30 locked, switching to unlimited in a dense area can help. Perhaps that can help someone and also help those on the fence about P3D to see folks happy with the latest version. I'm out..firing up a flight!

James McLees

We'll alright then.

I've got a few more hours in the salt mines and I too will be jumpin' into the Lear 25 running up to KSFO from KSAN.

Cheers,

Mark

I'm scared to post here in case I jinx up my setup, but now it's too late!

Is there such a thing as jinxed by association?

What should I do?

• Upvote 1

How is this relevant when you don't even include the video card you're using?

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

You hit that sweet spot..Glad to see you enjoying it.

• Upvote 1

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

How is this relevant when you don't even include the video card you're using?

Chas

It's a 4GB GTX 760 Chas. CPU @4.6 ghz.

James McLees