Sign in to follow this  
Albin

What is Taking almost all Vram. Low fps on final and after ladning.

Good day. I have a Asus gtx 750 with 2 GB Vram. And I running p3d v3.3 and that requires,  (or recommended) 4GB. I have quite good peformence but on final and after landing I can get 15-23 fps, dropped from almost stable 30fps.

And Vram was almost 2000 mb usage so I think that cause the problem. How can I reduse Vram usage. Under the flight I get between 1500-1800 mb Vram usage and stable 28-30fps.

I'll see up to 3.5GB of VRAM in use during a session.  When you run low on video memory the shortage is allocated to the existing virtual memory space being used by P3D, I'm not sure that you see a significant frame rate decrease but you would see a decrease in virtual memory. I didn't have this problem with my 750Ti.

The frame rate decrease could be more due to the fact that the airport scenery has to be rendered, a task that challenges both CPU and GPU.  You didn't mention your CPU.

Dan Downs KCRP

Reduce Texture_Max_Load to 1024, turn shadowing down/off, make sure you're not trying to use high-res (above 1024x1024) cloud textures, and turn the autogen way down.  Turning AI traffic down or off will also help.  When you approach an airport, textures for the airfield objects and for a lot of AI acft sitting there are typically loaded together...that's going to slow things way down if they have to be continuously swapped between VRAM and system RAM.  Ultimately, 2GB of VRAM isn't going to make for a very happy fit with P3D.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Okay Thanks. I have i5 4460 cpu. So I may turn Down The settings a bit

gtx 750 with 2 GB Vram. And I running p3d v3.3 and that requires 4GB - your answer lies within

Does ai traffic have a impact on the Vram. And traffic on vatsim