Sign in to follow this  
rikkardo737

THINGS TO KNOW ON WIN 10

Good day to everybody,

I would like to know if windows 10 needs to be prepared before installation of FSX-SE. I mean, I have to apply Nicks's Bible or I can give up some

steps? For example the HEY_LOCAL_MACHINE parameters or advanced tab in control panel ecc.. I did't find any specific guide.

I really appreciate your suggestion.

Thank you  in advance,

Riccardo

I never prepared mine, in the many installs / uninstalls  of FSX:SE in my Win 10 64... It always ran perfectly!

It is actually a lot more difficult to properly uninstall :-)

Just make sure, as usual, you install it to a different folder from Program Files, or under any other System folder.

Follow the "tweaking" guide available here at AVSIM : http://www.avsim.com/files/file/41-basic-fsx-p3d-configuration-guide/

Only thing I did besides what's indicated in this guide, and gave me increased performance was setting in "FSX.CFG"  the:

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=n

calculated for instance using this online calculator: http://www.gatwick-fsg.org.uk/affinitymask.aspx?SubMenuItem=hardware

Enjoy the FSLabs Airbus ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

side note:  ') you might want to change/ check some of the privacy settings unless you don't mind MS receiving a full keylog among other things from you. Google anti spybot ;)

-there is no spoon

-Roland

I will just say a prayer for you tonight, that you don't suffer a known Win 10 problem (that I've been plauged with) ;-

It's called "the little MOUSE bug".

.....and if you get it, welcome to hell!!! :smile:

Google:-   win 10 double click problem

=================

So, to give a little more detail, Win 10 doesn't install with many drivers, in the way that previous versions of Windows have - instead it installs drivers as they're needed.  Eg. No native printer driver but plug your printer in, and Win 10 goes online and installs the drivers for you.  It even does this for the keyboard support.  When it works, it's a non-issue.   But...... it's known to mess up with the mouse, for some users (a minority I believe).   In the most common case, duplicate drivers get installed and what this means is that every single mouse click gets read twice.  One click of the mouse is treated as a double click.   It effects everything.    I was trying to fly the NGX and inputting into the CDU using the mouse, EGLL becomes EEGGLLLL ... every time!

It took me 2 weeks to nail it - and none of the "solutions" on Youtube etc worked for me. The only solution that worked for me was :-

- Go to Device Manager

- Uninstall Mouse Drivers

- Unplug the mouse

- Shutdown

- Plug in the mouse (with the PC OFF)

- Boot up the PC.

This fixed it for me.  Any departure from the above steps (such as deleting the drivers and shutting down with the mouse still plugged in) did not work.   It took me 2 weeks to crack the problem.   At the time I cracked it, I was about 2 minutes from wiping the whole PC and re-installing Win 7, from an old DVD / Key I have. :smile:

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

side note:  ') you might want to change/ check some of the privacy settings unless you don't mind MS receiving a full keylog among other things from you. Google anti spybot ;)

-there is no spoon

Can't see the pic very clearly, is that hat tinfoil..?

The only thing I can think of regards setting up fsx with w10 is to remember to download the correct automationcore.dll file and put it in your fsx folder.

Of course it goes without saying that fsx loads quicker on a SSD drive, never install fsx to the default location and ideally run it from it's own dedicated hard drive/ssd if you can.

Cheers, IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

The only thing I can think of regards setting up fsx with w10 is to remember to download the correct automationcore.dll file and put it in your fsx folder.

Not a good idea. FSX-SE comes with the ultamationcore.dll.  THE CORRECT one as their is many versions.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

That's not correct as I understand it Simon.  The automationcore.dll that comes with FSX is fine for windows XP but for Vista, W7, W* and W10, I recommend you research AVSIM or Flightsim.com, where you will find the correct version to use in later versions of Windows.

Using the one on the FSX disks can lead to problems with the menus amongst other things.

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

That's not correct as I understand it Simon.  The automationcore.dll that comes with FSX is fine for windows XP but for Vista, W7, W* and W10, I recommend you research AVSIM or Flightsim.com, where you will find the correct version to use in later versions of Windows.

Using the one on the FSX disks can lead to problems with the menus amongst other things.

IAN

Correct Ian, but the OP is using FSX-SE not the boxed version. DTG has supplied the correct dll.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

My mistake - I didn't notice that he was using SE - my answer was correct for the boxed version.