Sign in to follow this  
nealmac

Clock

Ok, first of all I thought I was imagining it, but after doing a test I know I'm not. The CHR timer is running a bit slow. Very slow in fact. It's actually losing 9 seconds for every minute. In other words it's taking 69 seconds to make a full revolution. Am I doing something wrong here or am I missing something simple? I'm not a real world pilot and I don't consider myself to be overly clever when it comes to flight simming either. I can just about do the basics. But one thing I can do is add and subtract numbers.

So can someone please give me an answer?

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

So can someone please give me an answer?

Drop your display and scenery settings back temporarily and check to see if it helps. We've tracked the occasional report of this and it seems that this is coming either from base clock issues (your computer's internal clock), or task saturation (your display and scenery settings are so high that your entire sim's time is actually slowed down because the world is taking longer to render).

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle, thanks for the reply. I can tell you my display settings are already set quite low in P3D as it's the only way I can keep a usable frame rate. As for the system clock, I wouldn't know what to check, but it definitely seems to be keeping good time.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

I can tell you my display settings are already set quite low in P3D as it's the only way I can keep a usable frame rate.

This is actually pretty telling, honestly. Drop them as low as they can go. Again, if the whole sim is running slowly, it's going to throw the clock off too.

As for the system clock, I wouldn't know what to check, but it definitely seems to be keeping good time.

It isn't that obvious, actually. In my case, I had an ASUS motherboard with a BIOS issue that caused some weird rolling issue. First, my aircraft de-activated and would not re-activate. Later, my wireless card wouldn't hold a connection. I can't remember what it hit next. Not all of it was logical, but was always intermittent.

Kyle Rodgers

Ok, I'll try rolling all the sliders back as an experiment, although I won't get near it until tomorrow.

However, if it's case that I need to sacrifice a bit of basic scenery or airport terminal buildings just to get the clock running on time, I think I can live with the clock issue  :lol:

Best regards,

Neal McCullough