Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FSLabs Spotlight and P3D v3.3.5

I'm interested in purchasing this, but on their webpage it says it only supports P3D up to v3.1. Does anyone know if it will work on P3D 3.3.5?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I'm interested in purchasing this, but on their webpage it says it only supports P3D up to v3.1. Does anyone know if it will work on P3D 3.3.5?

Lefteris Kalamaras
  • photo-thumb-13.jpg
  • Root Admin
  • 4886 posts

Hello all,

we've just uploaded FSLSpotlights v1.0.0.21 here which adds compatibility with Prepar3D v3.3 (including v3.3.5 build 17625) that was released yesterday by Lockheed Martin. Please report any problems with this update in this forum.

Works in 3.3.5 and luv this program  :dance:

Rich Sennett

It does NOT work if you use any Shaders Mods such as PTA. I was unfortunately not succesful to use modified Shaders with Spotlights.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

It does NOT work if you use any Shaders Mods such as PTA. I was unfortunately not succesful to use modified Shaders with Spotlights.

Chris not true - I am using PTA lights work fine - have you tried importing a file - are you using the demo you have to be at a specific airport to try it and some airplanes after importing a file still doesnt work such as the shrike I tried another file to import and it worked so I just edited that one but at least I go it into the shrike to work with

It does work and works great in PTA

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Thanks everyone! But a question about VAS. This is a deciding factor for me on whether or not I get this. I am already running a ton of add-ons and apps while flying in P3D. Will this add-on affect performance and VAS?

With this add-on, will it conflict with the internal virtual cockpit lighting of planes? I mean what would happen if I use the built in lighting system and then use this add-on to create custom lighting as well? Do I need to completely not use the built-in lighting when using FSL Spotlight?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Thanks everyone! But a question about VAS. This is a deciding factor for me on whether or not I get this. I am already running a ton of add-ons and apps while flying in P3D. Will this add-on affect performance and VAS?

With this add-on, will it conflict with the internal virtual cockpit lighting of planes? I mean what would happen if I use the built in lighting system and then use this add-on to create custom lighting as well? Do I need to completely not use the built-in lighting when using FSL Spotlight?

No vas issues but I never check that my sim is fine see no fps hit whatsoever

Does not conflict with factory lighting what I do is shut off the over head factory lighting - works well with all the other lighting provided by your payware aircraft as these are just spotlights so you would want to turn on all of your other factory lights - spotlights and factory lights work perfect together 

For instance the shrike was bland and over the top with the cabin light on - now I make my own lighting  and turn that cabin light off and have all of my spotlights where I want them and its way better - only thing is when you change time of day carenado turns the cabin light on automatically so I have to shut it off or I could permanently shut it off in light config file  

Just download demo and go to proper airport to try it - you will buy it right away  :wink:

Download some presets at fslabs forum - get you started faster and help you to figure out how it works

What I do is pin the exe file for the lights manger in windows bottom menu so I have quick access to it to make all of the changes - make sure your hitting save in manager for it to take

Demo will speak for itself - you really need to do that as me telling you about it doesnt do it justice

Rich Sennett

Richard thanks a lot for that information! Glad that there's a demo to try first. I'll do that! :) I want to try it out on the Aerosoft Airbusses.

Richard thanks a lot for that information! Glad that there's a demo to try first. I'll do that! :) I want to try it out on the Aerosoft Airbusses.

No problem there are some presets for that bird in their forums and cant remember what airport you need to be at - you will be blown away guaranteed Aaron - watch this video near the end it will give you an idea how to use it

Rich Sennett

Wow, that video shows it off nicely. Question, can I have specific individual spotlight settings for each plane? Or is it a global setting that affects all planes?

Wow, that video shows it off nicely. Question, can I have specific individual spotlight settings for each plane? Or is it a global setting that affects all planes?

No all planes will have a separate file and works on all aircraft - nice - only thing there is not a ton of presets to download - so you will have to make your own - I dont think many know about this program I didnt and I get around - hence the small amount of created presets - did you try it yet ?

Theres an excellent NGX preset there on page 2 of downloads in forum - cant wait to try airbus version 

Rich Sennett

Richard, I just tried the demo, however it's crashing for me when I select the Aerosoft Airbus, it seems to be working for for other planes though. I'm not sure why I can't use it with the Airbus? Looks like I'll hold off on purchasing this until I can figure out what's causing this issue.

Richard, I just tried the demo, however it's crashing for me when I select the Aerosoft Airbus, it seems to be working for for other planes though. I'm not sure why I can't use it with the Airbus? Looks like I'll hold off on purchasing this until I can figure out what's causing this issue.

Hmm I will try it tonight on my rig may be just the preset try another there is more than one there - this in FSXS or P3D  ? pretty straight forward program should not be crashing something doesnt sound right 

Rich Sennett

This is with P3D v3.3.5, I don't have any shader mods or PTA tools. What presets are you talking about?

This is with P3D v3.3.5, I don't have any shader mods or PTA tools. What presets are you talking about?

Pinned top thread - 2 pages of presets - sounds like you have issue on your side - make sure you give program all rights install with av off and exclude program from av 

http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/forum/35-fsl-spotlights/

Rich Sennett