Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Realistic sound add-ons for PMDG/Aerosoft planes?

Was wondering if anyone know of any great add-ons that will enhance the sound for PMDG 737/777 and Aerosoft Airbus A318-A321 for a more realistic and immersive experience?

I have the blue sky star one for the airbus, but for some reason the sound of the engines seem to be cutting in and out while in the cockpit. I think it only happens in the IAE version. CFM version seems to be okay. Is there an alternative sound pack out there that's better than the blue sky star?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I use the TSS 737-800 Pilot Edition V2 ...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I use the TSS 737-800 Pilot Edition V2 ...

Do you find the TSS sounds to be a vast improvement over the stock PMDG sounds?

Do you find the TSS sounds to be a vast improvement over the stock PMDG sounds?

I'll throw my 2 cents in as I did buy the new TSS sounds (737-600/700) and the NGX is about the only thing I fly.  I can't comment on the external sounds as I just do not utilize them since I'm always in the VC.  I thought they were ok...not great.  I think the engine sounds, while good at times, aren't mixed very well so there isn't the correct mixing of engine noise vs the rush of air outside, especially as your altitude changes.  You should hear less engine noise the higher/faster you go and more wind noise. TSS did not replicate this well.  I also did not like the sounds when engines go to idle in a descent....it just isn't right in my eyes (or ears).  PMDG soundset has that nice deep sound around 50% N1 as they are reduced and the TSS sounds just seem generic in this regard.  Also, the TSS gear 'clunk' is more what you hear in the cabin sitting over the main gear when gear is dropped, not what you hear in the cockpit.  I ended up going back to the PMDG soundset as I do think they are much better if you want to simulate what a cockpit sounds like.  You also have to adjust the sound sliders in P3D, I generally put Environment sounds at 100% and engine sound around 67%.  What I did do though was to add the ground roll sound from TSS to my PMDG sounds as I feel the PMDG set does not have realistic ground roll noises, or maybe the volume is too low on them....TSS seems a bit better in that regard IMO.  That being said, it wouldn't hurt try them, you may like them.  I actually used them for about a month and then when I did a P3D reinstall I forgot to put those back in.  I flew the 737 with the default soundset and I was like, wow...this sounds really good :smile:

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Imho the TSS 737-800 V2 Pilot is a big improvement over the stock soundfiles from PMDG..

Just listen to real cockpit vids.

I have a 5.1 sound system with 2 woofers and have the Side and Rear sounds at max wile left/right/center is at about 50%.

Woofers at 40%.

You can hear the humming sound very well like in reality..

I configured everything when a real pilot was visiting me.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I have a 5.1 sound system with 2 woofers and have the Side and Rear sounds at max wile left/right/center is at about 50%.
Woofers at 40%.

Yeah, that 5.1 might make a big difference, I'm only running 2 speakers and a Sub.  Glad you have it working nicely, I need to get my 5.1 up and running again at some point!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I have both the CFM and IAE blue sky sound packs...they are my favourite sounds packages in P3D, no issues for me.

I quite enjoy the PMDG default sounds, have never seen the need to change them.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Was wondering if anyone know of any great add-ons that will enhance the sound for PMDG 737/777 and Aerosoft Airbus A318-A321 for a more realistic and immersive experience?

You'll have to ask yourself, do you want realism or do you want something that isn't really what you'll hear in the cockpit but sounds more interesting?

Can't speak for the Airbus, but if your seeking realism for the PMDG NGX/777 use the default sounds that they produced. Ryan and the folks at PMDG spent a lot of time and used professional equipment to record the sounds for the Boeings.

If you don't care about realism but want sounds that might not be what you'd actually hear in the cockpit, then try one of the addons.

Also since you have VAS issues you have mentioned before. PMDG offers another alternate sound pack for the 777 that saves VAS.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Blue Sky needs to make a NGX - T777 versions as they are the best at this IMO - the Airbus demonstration videos sound great

Rich Sennett

I checked out blue sky videos. To the owners of the software, does it really sound better than the TSS 737v2? I thought TSS sounded quite good. Blue sky also emulates sounds that arent there normally.