Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

New Aerofly FS 2 update 2.0.1EA3.30 is live

Just to be on the safe side we have published this update to the Beta channel, in case we have overlooked a critical bug. If you want to try this update, please opt into the Beta channel for Aerofly FS 2. 

This update added some commonly requested small features and might also improve performance when in cockpit view. We strongly recommend to update your 3D drivers. Here is a list of changes: 

Improved Rendering speed of up to 25% in cockpit view on modern 3D graphic cards (Please install the latest 3D driver! You also need an OpenGL 4.5 compatible graphic card) 

Added Landmarks can be turned on/off during simulation. Assign a function in the Controls menu 

Fixed route starting airborne 

Added right double click support 

Added more flight state messages to SDK output / wrt to body system 

Added support for Saitek Multi Panel 

Added support for Saitek Radio Panel 

Added support for Saitek Switch Panel 

Added Frequency select and swap assignable in controller menu 

Added support for Saitek TPM 

Added more autopilot functions assignable in controller menu 

Added mouse cursor fades in simulation 

Added light controls assignable in controller menu 

Fixed view rotation doesn't tilt view when looking left/right 

Changed default view tilt removed for VR 

Added a single control device can be reset to its default 

Added all assignments for one device can be removed 

Added screenshot function can be assigned to key or button 

Added variometer volume can be adjusted using buttons/keys 

Added A320 more ECAM pages, updates to flight displays (WIP) 

Added ASG29 flight computer (WIP)

• Upvote 3

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

It cannot be said that this little company isn't trying their very best to find a place for itself at the flight simulation table.

I'm very impressed by the speed of their updates and the course they are taking!

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

+1 HiFlyer!  They are doing a great job so far. 

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

It asks for a beta access code, how do I get the code?

I believe that's for the developers, not regular customers.

To check out the customer Beta version of Aerofly FS 2 do the following

• Right click on Aerofly FS 2 in your Steam Library and choose 'Properties'
  • From the properties window select the tab titled "Betas". From this page select the applicable beta from the drop-down menu. If you've previously opted into a beta you can opt out by selecting the menu option.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I don't understand why they don't lower the entry price, let's say to $9.99, which will be seen as a "curiosity" price for may people who are curious yet not ready to commit. I suspect that this would also provide a more regular income stream, albeit modest.

Another thing they could do is provide a "trial mode".

I spend and have spent lots of dollars on flight sim, so it's not a money issue. Rather, an opinion on how to attract more fliers during this delicate phase of development.

tony

• Upvote 1

I don't understand why they don't lower the entry price, let's say to $9.99, which will be seen as a "curiosity" price for may people who are curious yet not ready to commit. I suspect that this would also provide a more regular income stream, albeit modest.

Another thing they could do is provide a "trial mode".

I spend and have spent lots of dollars on flight sim, so it's not a money issue. Rather, an opinion on how to attract more fliers during this delicate phase of development.

tony

Considering we willing as a community pay $100 for an add on plane I don't think asking $49.99 for a whole sim is that bad. I bought it just to help out but I can tell you it has major potential,and is better than any MS based FS as the code is all new and is 64 bit plus the planes port over the A320 in aerofly2 is actually the Aerosoft A320
  • Upvote 1

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I have so far 4 flight sims. The only way I would buy this one is by trying it. If I like what I see I will buy it. What do they have to lose? The more people that try it the more they will talk about it so more people will buy it.

A demo is what seduced me into buying X-Plane.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I have so far 4 flight sims. The only way I would buy this one is by trying it. If I like what I see I will buy it. What do they have to lose? The more people that try it the more they will talk about it so more people will buy it.

It's worth it,you welcome to check out my aerofly2 videos. Also many things have been added since then.

• Upvote 1

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I can't imagine a single reason why they should. This little company that is probably about twelve people total has produced a product that is in my opinion much better than its closest and much larger competition, and I think they should be rewarded for that and receive the money necessary to keep a roof over their heads and develop the product further.

It also occurs to me that people hesitating about the price are being a bit unrealistic in that what's being offered is actually almost insanely generous. As I broke it down on another forum, how much would 16 (with more coming) planes of this quality cost? How much would 3 states worth of photo-scenery cost? How much would dozens and dozens of near payware quality airports cost? How much does a city scenery even with limited area normally cost?

Aerofly FS 2 offers all of that for $49.99, less than the cost many of us pay for a single plane, and there are worries about the cost?

I honestly wouldn't change anything if I were them.

They've made more money than Flight School, and if it goes for further development, as well as rewarding them for their years of effort to release this, they deserve every single penny of it.

• Upvote 2

Devons rig

Remember that you can get full refund for any product on steam for virtually any reason, if your total playtime is less than 2h. 

What makes more sense is for them to concentrate to develop all the systems on airplanes before making more planes (warbirds are nice but there are combat simulators with them and pretty good ones,GA or airliners are what most people look for in these sims)