Sign in to follow this  
captain420

does PrecipitFX support 3rd party planes or just the default AI?

I am curious to know if Precipitfx effects will show up on AI planes from add-ons such as MyTraffic 6 and 3rd party aircrafts such as Carenado, A2A, and Realair, etc?

I never enabled the override option as I didn't want it to mess anything up with my 3rd party aircrafts.

I've read the other thread where people are getting contrail affects with MyTraffic 6 AI planes, does this mean those planes will get the entire range of effects from PrecipitFX as well?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Hi Aaron,

PrecipitFX works on 3rd party aircraft. The "Override" option prevents our effects from being installed on aircraft where the aircraft's developer already specified custom effect(s) in the configuration file.

PrecipitFX supports most AI packages available. Since those AI aircraft are made with vague quality standards when it comes to config files, results may vary when the "Override" option is unchecked. You might see effects on some aircraft while others will have default or no effects. If you chose to check the "Override" option option, all your AI aircraft should have contrails, wingtip vortices and brake smoke.

I hope this answers your question

Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thanks Kevin, I would like to have all the affects added to my AI planes in MyTraffic 6. But I don't want PrecipitFX to overwrite anything for my 3rd party planes such as A2A planes. So is there a way where we can apply those affects to certain planes only?

I would like to have all the effects of PrecipitFX, how can I check the 3rd party planes to see if it will conflict with the effects from PrecipitFX, what entries do I need to look for in the aircraft.cfg?

If I can manually edit the aircraft.cfg file and only add the effects that I want. That would be great. That way I can keep the plane's default effects and also have the effects that I want from PrecipitFX as well.

Please let me know if this is possible?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Currently, you cannot exclude aircraft from the process but we are looking into ways of marking it possible.

We don't have any estimates or confirmation of this happening in the short term.

The process is scanning for changes all the time and modifying the file manually is not a viable solution.

Thank you for your feedback on this matter

Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

It would be nice if the PrecipitFX program could look into the 'simobjects folder/s' then show a list of installed aircraft. At this point the user could check/uncheck which aircraft they wish to install effects to.

Perhaps the list could define default P3D aircraft from 3rd party installed aircraft given we know specifically what P3D comes with at time of purchase?

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU