Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Recorder module 0.72 beta released

Hi all,an updated version of my recorder module is now available at http://www.neusinger.net/recorder . It includes the following changes:- the exterior and VC light problems reported by some users should be solved now- added "clear replay data on flight or aircraft change" option to settings dialog- added "pause at end" option to settings dialog- added 1/8 sec recording interval (requested by a user)- added feature to stop playback at current position (without jumping to the end).For those who don't know the module yet, here's a short description:This module can record flights, save them to files and play them back like the FS instant replay and flight video recorder, but with some advanced features like jumping forward/backward during playback, looping or changing playback speed via controls in a small window or using the numeric keypad. This version only works with FS2004!The module does NOT record video files (like .avi), it records data like aircraft postition, speed, etc, so the recordings can only be played inside FS. This has the advantage, that you can watch your recordings from different views.[span style=font-weight: bold]If you found a bug or have a problem, please do not forget to report it to the support email address included in the manual (even if you post it here, as that makes it easier for me to keep an overview over all issues).[/span]Regards,Matthias ;-)

Outstanding update!Since I was one who reported the lights issue, I can confirm it's fixed.I just played back a recorded flight which was perfect--except for a less than perfect landing. I hit shift/esc to leave the recording as I was turning to final, and reshot the approach and landing and nailed it this time! It's a fantastic enhancement, since I can use a flight recording like a mini-FMC and exit as I am ready to start my descent or approach.Thanks again for this add-on--perhaps we should call FS9 with this add-on FS 9 1/2 :)-John

Matthias,I tried the 0.7 first time yesterday. Great work, thanks!!! I'll try the 0.72 later this evening :)Active Camera made things a lot easier with the Approach Wiew. Your little (big) recorder makes it very fun to replay a landing or view an airshow. The only thing I miss now in my setup is a way to remain in tower view, and move the view spot easily around. Something like the Active Camera VC right-shift-click in scenery (but that

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

THIS is just about the SINGLE BIGGEST CORE ENHANCEMENT to FS for me!! EXCELLENT CODING - AWESOME WORK - THANK YOU! Fly & record with RECORDER your normal VC/2D Panel flight then replay with RECORDER and record all different views one at a time with Fraps or Gamecam then create a side by side by side ALL IN ONE video of the views simultaneously!! Been WAITING to do something like this!Carmine http://forums.avsim.net/images/wave.gifhttp://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7118/phoenixtp8mg.jpg

Matthias,this module absolutely rocks! Give this man an award. NOW!!!Landed the A36, and had a litte high pitch, then Replay > Shift > Esc, new go, what a tool for landing practice!:):):):):) (5 of 5 possible smileys)Eagle

Your recorder.dll made for a great family outing this afternoon. My six year old daughter, who loves to take her turn at the stick but still doesn't grasp the relationship between the stick and what the aircraft is doing, asked for a turn at the sim today. At which point I loaded her favorite aircraft, and started to play back a recording of some pattern work I had been doing.My little girl was truly amazed as the aircraft, almost as if by her will, took off, cruised the circuit, and landed with utter respect for her input on the stick. Of course the recording was truly flying the aircraft, but I won't share that with her until sometime in her teens. When you're six, the perception of victory is more important than knowing :)-John

Matthias; Let me add my own thanks to you for an incredible utility. Bravo! I also find myself wondering if the underlying playback code could be used to develop a means for real-time playback on a networked PC...something I've tried several times over the years with little success is to have the ability to put an external view of the airplane up on a second PC running FS.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest william273

ok, sounds great. now suppose i wanted to see some of these videos you guys are recording, can i do that and if so how? do you email them to friends, upload them or what? i love watching cockpit videos and would also like to record some for people to watch but i have no idea how all this will work. would anyone care to enlighten me? thanks, william

Guest Tim W

MatthiasI've been using your recorder module for a couple of weeks and I'd like to echo the comments above. It's great! As someone pointed out earlier, the only thing I'd like to see added is the ability using Active Camera to maintain the set ground view position above the altitude at which AC reverts to fly by view. It means when I am recording an aerobatic display in a vintage aircraft which I love to do, I have to keep the whole routine at a really low level to stop AC switching to flyby. Very annoying!I'm just about to try your update.Cheershttp://members.chello.nl/t.westnutt/realair.gif

Hi, Tim.>...maintain the set ground view position above the altitude at which AC reverts to fly by view.

Guest danzian

>Fly & record with RECORDER your normal VC/2D Panel flight then>replay with RECORDER and record all different views one at a>time with Fraps or Gamecam then create a side by side by side>ALL IN ONE video of the views simultaneously!! Been WAITING to>do something like this!>>>Carmine http://forums.avsim.net/images/wave.gifYou mean a video like one: http://media.putfile.com/P51-AYWKwmvGreat tool indeed. Thank you so much. I am enjoying this a lot. I'm not really a big fan of video recording but the replay mode is the one I want. Favulous.Danzian

If it's a problem, you could always turn the fly-by view mode off in ActiveCamera...

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Hi all, ;-)I did quite some work on the module this weekend, here some features of the next version:- option to turn of AI traffic automatically during playback- if a different aircraft is used for playback than during recording (should be similar, of course, e.g. a different model of the same aircraft), the gear height can be adjusted automatically or manually, so the wheels don't float above or sink into the ground- you can choose, which variables you want to record, and which of the recorded variables should be used during playback.Here's a picture of the current settings dialog:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/132986.jpgThe next version will probably be released in one or two weeks.Regards, Matthias :-wave