Sign in to follow this  
por930

Buy DX10 Scenery Fixer

I am looking to buy DX10 Scenery Fixer, but it does not seem to be available in FSS?

Geoff

Geoff Bryce

Thanks for that Steve. I am in the process of getting the FSL A30X working, and they say when the A320 is loading, if I do not have DX10 preview working, the vas footprint is a lot higher than DX9. When I do this, I notice the scenery a bit flashy.

So, do I assume your software stabilises the output and reduces the flashes?

I have often wondered about Nvida inspector and if I should let this loose on my Win 7 system. I have a nvida card.

Geoff Bryce

I would advise you to get Nvidia Inspector - assuming you have a reasonable Nvidia card you will want to  turn on SGSSAA using it.

The FSL site has a Nvidia Inspector profile (nip) file in the FAQ section

You should turn on AA in FSX for DX10.

Try that without buying the fixer to see if these flashes stop.  Its a  difficult  term to  interpret - I guess you are seeing a lack of AA  but it could also be a dodgy Detail bmp.

Thanks Steve, will look at that today.

When I fire up FSX and choose DX10 Preview, then shut down and reload, the FSL A320 when chosen, no longer mentions your program, so I guess, FSL A320 is ok now just with the DX10 Preview loaded. Things seem to have stopped flashing, so, maybe ok now.

I notice though, when you look at the scenery, ORBX YMML, I see black boxes around objects every where. Is this the ORBX scenery not happy with DX10? and does your program try and resolve these things?

Geoff Bryce