Sign in to follow this  
newtie

KPDX...

....is it ever going to happen?  :smile:

Cheers,

Mark

It is in Orbx PNW area.  Adding airports to Orbx FTX regions is asking for Vas hell.  Unless you like that area without FTX, then KPDX will make sense.  Even I would love to see it but I assume it is all based on demand for it from other simmers.

• Upvote 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Is the T2G KSEA any good? how is it VAS consumption?  The reason I am asking is that I hardly ever see sceenshots of that airport on here.

i know for me flying a big heavy for FSDT CYVR on top of Orbx PNW is pushing the limits of my sim. 

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I've had no problems with T2G KSEA.

I remember for the longest time that no one would touch KSEA because of the way MS had designed the area, in FSX anyway.

Well, T2G did it and did a great job as well.

• Upvote 1

Especially adding 3rd party payware airports to ORBX Southern California. Definitely killer. Worse area ever in terms of performance. :(

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

It is in Orbx PNW area.  Adding airports to Orbx FTX regions is asking for Vas hell.  Unless you like that area without FTX, then KPDX will make sense.  Even I would love to see it but I assume it is all based on demand for it from other simmers.

Most interesting.  A perspective I have not heard before.  What a bummer for me, considering that I live in Portland.

I've had no problems with T2G KSEA.

I remember for the longest time that no one would touch KSEA because of the way MS had designed the area, in FSX anyway.

Well, T2G did it and did a great job as well.

Great to know about T2G,  I will have to look into this

Especially adding 3rd party payware airports to ORBX Southern California. Definitely killer. Worse area ever in terms of performance. :sad:

Yeah, there is some major issues in this area.  I am waiting till these issues are resolved - and only then I will get the flightbeam's KSFO.

Most interesting.  A perspective I have not heard before.  What a bummer for me, considering that I live in Portland.

Don't get me wrong, Orbx PNW is my fav must have FTX region to begin with period.  KPDX area is actually fine on VAS.  It is going to KSEA that area is somewhat badly designed by MS...but with LM getting the code, they can fix it.  I just don't know why it has been done.

Adding heavy airports in PNW and flying within that area specificially really pushes up VAS consumption.

No problems here with Orbx PNW and T2G KSEA, or any region for that matter.  I have NCA and KSFOHD with no issues, even SCA and FSDT KLAX are problem free.

I keep hearing bad things about FTX regions and I guess it depends on your system.  I haven't had a VAS issue in months, full disclosure requires that I do turn off some photo scenery bgls.

Dan Downs KCRP

I am using the old FS9 KPDX from Vauchez in my P3D V3.3.5   LOL :)

I made the runway look pretty decent in my previous PC. I forgot what I had to do to get it working reasonably well (I did not use the fixer that's out there since I would lose the runway texture of Vouchez if I had used the "fixer")

9882720485_9028aaa176_o.jpg

I really miss Vouchez! I wish he was still around making his amazing sceneries...  Vouchez was the only one who I can say was making the best sceneries along with Fly Tampa.

• Upvote 3

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I am using the old FS9 KPDX from Vauchez in my P3D V3.3.5   LOL :)

I made the runway look pretty decent in my previous PC. I forgot what I had to do to get it working reasonably well (I did not use the fixer that's out there since I would lose the runway texture of Vouchez if I had used the "fixer")

9882720485_9028aaa176_o.jpg

I really miss Vouchez! I wish he was still around making his amazing sceneries...  Vouchez was the only one who I can say was making the best sceneries along with Fly Tampa.

Wow,

I am shocked that you were able to do this.  Amazing!!!.  What happened to Vauchez.  Never heard of that developer/company?

Never heard of that developer/company?

He put out two amazing scenery for FS9.  ITs not just one airport..its a cluster of airports and called a Zone!. Usually one big airport with 3 or 4 satellite Orbx like small airports around the big one. Very well priced too.. around $34 bucks.. Today this would cost around $150 bucks using Orbx pricing. This was my flagship scenery to show off my FS9 Sim world! :) AND NO OOMs! 

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=fzpdx

FZ01 =  KPVD + Airports around Rhode Island Providence airport

FZ02 = KPDX + other airports around it

http://www.avsim.com/topic/379157-scenery-flightzone-02-portland-wow/

• Upvote 1

Manny

Wish I could get THAT into P3D!

If you already own Flightzone 02 , google search for "FSX FLIGHTZONE02 PORTLAND SCENERY PATCH" 

And try it in P3D. ITs for FSX..but it could work for P3D

Manny