Sign in to follow this  
DrQuantumFox

PMDG 777 Loading dead in Multiplayer

When I load up the PMDG 777 in multiplayer for fsx:Steam, I get black monitors and no landing gear. Also nothing is clickable and there is no initialization. I would really like to fly my new PMDG 777-200LRX and 777-F.

P.S. I tried multiplayer with the PMDG house livery.

Welcome to the PMDG forum, please review the forum rules and note full names on all posts here.

Does the PMDG 777 load normally for single player?

Did you read and follow the recommendations in the read me file that came with the installer?

Not sure if you are having a problem with multiplayer or a basic problem with installation, which most often is simply ignoring the read me and not installing the simconnect modules.

Dan Downs KCRP

When I load up the PMDG 777 in multiplayer for fsx:Steam, I get black monitors and no landing gear. Also nothing is clickable and there is no initialization. I would really like to fly my new PMDG 777-200LRX and 777-F.

P.S. I tried multiplayer with the PMDG house livery.

Full names - first and last - in the forum, please.

The 777 works just fine in proper online networks like VATSIM and IVAO. If you must use it on other multiplayer servers, load into the server with a default aircraft first and then switch to the 777.

Kyle Rodgers

Oh ok.

Sorry about the full name thing.

The PMDG 777 works fine in singleplayer.

If you must use it on other multiplayer servers, load into the server with a default aircraft first and then switch to the 777.

I tried this method by joining with a default aircraft and then exiting the flight and changing to the 777, but it still gives me the same result. And the button for a change of aircraft on the menu bar at the top is greyed out.

- Arman Kaplan

I think multiplayer is used with two different meanings here.  Kyle's use is in the context of on line ATC where the other player is a controller.  If your use of multiplayer is the other person is sharing the cockpit of the same plane then that is the problem.  PMDG products do not have a shared cockpit capability (yet).  In a typical flight sim cockpit the gauges are part of the simulator's platform and these can be shared but in more complex aircraft like PMDG the gauges are all outside the platform with the result the platform cannot share gauges with other player.  PMDG has hinted that they are developing a network architecture but current products do not have this capability.

Dan Downs KCRP

I think multiplayer is used with two different meanings here.  Kyle's use is in the context of on line ATC where the other player is a controller.  If your use of multiplayer is the other person is sharing the cockpit of the same plane then that is the problem.  PMDG products do not have a shared cockpit capability (yet).  In a typical flight sim cockpit the gauges are part of the simulator's platform and these can be shared but in more complex aircraft like PMDG the gauges are all outside the platform with the result the platform cannot share gauges with other player.  PMDG has hinted that they are developing a network architecture but current products do not have this capability.

But I am trying to use the PMDG 777 for myself only. No shared cockpit.

-Arman Kaplan

When I load up the PMDG 777 in multiplayer for fsx:Steam, I get black monitors and no landing gear.

I am sorry, I don't understand why you are loading the 777 in multiplayer mode.

Dan Downs KCRP

I am sorry, I don't understand why you are loading the 777 in multiplayer mode.

I am loading the 777 so that I can join a multiplayer server (no shared cockpit) and that I can do a group flight where everyone is in their own aircraft.

Oh and by the way, other people have their 777 from PMDG working as well.

-Arman Kaplan

Oh and by the way, other people have their 777 from PMDG working as well.

Which indicates that it isn't so much an issue with the aircraft as much as it's something on your computer, or the workflow that you're using to get into the flight.

Kyle Rodgers

I think the reason why the 777 isn't loading is due to the aircraft not initializing.

Is there some force initialize command or something to make the aircraft initialize?

-Arman Kaplan

Just curious: what is your default aircraft in the simulator when you start it?

Try installing those 'legacy' SimConnect, in <path to your fsx:se installation>\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces. Try each of them.

Real quick, make sure you aren't paused. Sometimes in FSX-SE and P3D servers you load into the session paused. Press the "P" key and see if initialization starts. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

I am facing the same problem Arman has and SimConnect is up and running on my FSX-SE. It does not matter whatever initial plane is setup, the result is the same.

And please try do not say it is a local problem on my computer if you cannot specify which it is.

I guess this issue is ralated to the fact that FSX-SE Multiplayer mode starts paused and may be it is interfering on 777 start up. But I have no idea of how to start multiplayer not paused.

It runs very fine on free flight mode.