Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

Suggestions for good GA and Big Tin Planes for P3D v3?

I was seeking some generic advice on which planes everyone likes for P3D.. both in terms of realism and quality..

I have a few I think are pretty great, but particularly on the bigger bird passenger planes, which I'm not that familiar with, but may want to become more so with...

I like some of the offerings from Carenado.. such as..

Carenado King C90 GTX (though a little heavy on FPS use)..

Carenado PA46 Malibu..

Carenado V35B..

Then the A2A realistic ones like the C172 or the C182 etc..

I also have the P92 Eaglet from Ants and the real air lancair Legacy

Any other suggestions in the GA arena..

On the bigger 727 or airbus variety.. what is considered King these days.. PMDG 737 etc? Or maybe others.. what of captain sim.. or maybe FSPassengers, which i see is now P3D compatible..  Leaning towards trying out the FSPassengers.

Thanks for any suggestions

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

It all comes down to your own preferences, just read some reviews.

You will get dozens of different suggestions because each pilot has it's own preferences, liking's...

Anyway here is mine:

- GA: I have several GA's: Carenado, A2A, others but the A2A 182 for me stands out.

- Tubes: PMDG 737NGX or 777

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

It all comes down to your own preferences, just read some reviews.

You will get dozens of different suggestions because each pilot has it's own preferences, liking's...

Very true. My favorites by FAR are the A2A Cherokee and Comanche (I don't like the Cessna's at all) and the Aerosoft Airbus (I don't like Boeing at all). BTW That Airbus may be replaced in the nearby future by the FSL Airbus. You can get as much suggestions as you want but in the end you have to choose yourself. When it comes to 'kings' though (realism and quality) I think most will agree A2A is the best for GA (certainly NOT Carenado) and PMDG (and FSL) for airliners.

When it comes to 'kings' though (realism and quality) I think most will agree A2A is the best for GA (certainly NOT Carenado) and PMDG (and FSL) for airliners.

+1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Check out RealAir's Duke Turbine and Lancair Legacy. I think they are right up there with A2A. Both can be easily fitted with the Flight1 GTN 650 and 750.

• Upvote 1

Agree with Richie, but also J

Not a fan of the A2A Cessnas, their Comanche and Cherokee are just so well done though!

Milviz C310 has a lot of avionics options

GTN 750 / GTN 650 from F1 - especially if you fly online, they're also making a Garmin GNS 530/430W

Big tin? How about the incredible freeware C-47v3 over at Sim Outhouse? Amazing aircraft !

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hard to beat the A2A aircraft for reality, especially with the accusim which no others have.  My favorite is the Cessna 182, which feels to me exactly like the real aircraft. F1 GTN 650/750 is a masterpiece. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

If you think about trying FSPassengers, you could also have a look at FSCaptain. It has a fully functional demo available.

Peter

My choices, which work well on v3 are:

Caronado Phenom 300

Alabeo DA42

Twin Otter Extended

Hard to beat the A2A aircraft for reality, especially with the accusim which no others have.  My favorite is the Cessna 182, which feels to me exactly like the real aircraft. F1 GTN 650/750 is a masterpiece. 

Thanks for the suggestions.. i'll have to try both fscaptain and fspassengers to see which I like better.

On the A2A 172 thing.. is it the flight dynamics that arent realistic or the way the instruments are portrayed and work.. curious.. as its been years since i've taken lessons in a c172.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Thanks for the suggestions.. i'll have to try both fscaptain and fspassengers to see which I like better.

On the A2A 172 thing.. is it the flight dynamics that arent realistic or the way the instruments are portrayed and work.. curious.. as its been years since i've taken lessons in a c172.

I have around 250 hours in a C 172, and the A2A is pretty close. Remember it is the 172 R which handles a bit different from the Skyhawk. Make sure you use the A2A input config to set the trim joystick buttons. The P3D and FSUIPC trim adjustments are not good. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Well, as most everyone has said, A2A makes the best GA.  RealAir are also very good and you can't go wrong with any of them.  The Aerosoft Twotter is quite good.  I have Ant's Tecnam, and it's nicely done, as you suggest.  The only other one that comes to mind for GA is Sibwings AN-2 Colt.  Slow, but what an incredibly well-done model.  I second the vote for the v3 version of the C-47.  Very well done.  Payware quality.  Actually, I don't really have much more than those install anymore on my sim.  Why fly anything but the best?  

I don't have any of the newer Carenado planes, but I seriously doubt whether they are any better than they used to be.

When it's ready for P3D, the Milviz King Air will be very good.  

I was seeking some generic advice on which planes everyone likes for P3D.. both in terms of realism and quality..

The soon to be released Carnado DO228 looks like it might be worth waiting for.

Might even be a Twotter killer?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

My favorites, in order of size, are

Alabeo Saratoga (with GTN 750)

Carenado PC12 (with the mod found in the forum and the GTN 750 mod)

PMDG 737

RealAir, A2A. MilViz Cessna 310 is good, and I've heard their Baron is as well.

Also I just wanted to add that the A2A Cessnas are great.