Sign in to follow this  
Bruce53

Aerosoft Mega Airport Frankfurt V2.0

Does anyone know if this will be available at Simmarket? Or just at Aerosoft's site?

You DO know that this is the latest trend by developers?  Offer a "new and improved" version of something we already have paid for.  No new airport or scenery, just "new and improved"."Step right up and pays your money! Buy something you already have and really don't need.  Keep FS2004 alive with recycled stuff!"

Nope ..... I'm not falling for this money pit.

NOTE:

This applies to several products from several vendors over the last year or so.

>> and when did Rwy 07L/25R appear? I don't remember that runway. Who uses it?

5 years ago! Subject to enormous opposition from locals so it is landing-only for smaller narrow-bodies. Interesting: RWY 18 can only be used in that direction so is a single-number item (i.e. not 18/36).

That might have been true 5 years ago, but 25R seems to be in regular use now. I landed there twice last year on transcontinental flights as passenger on an A330 and a B767. As passenger I don't like it very much. It takes 20 minutes to taxi to some gates.

Peter

This is a BIG scenery, very well made. I would certainly buy more FS9 sceneries made to this standard.

Highly recommended. :smile:  

How is performance, compared to the earlier version?

The scenery looks much better than the earlier version, but on my PC it is definitely much more heavy on FPS. And unfortunately this seems to depend on whether scenery shadows are activated or not. So AS continues to cultivate that bad habit of some developers to force simmers to switch shadows off... or to have low FPS.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Guys

Have any of you guys had any OOM with this scenery, I have had one whilst using IFly 737, ASE. I have since reduced the high way traffic and went to have a look at the manual in order to see if there was any trouble shooting tips... ( I have a strong Computer, reading Aerosoft forums it seems the FSX boys are having trouble with OOMs) However my Adobe Reader comes up with an error message " There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired". The charts and approach plates PDF are fine. Redownloaded in case of a corrupt file still the same message comes up. My EDDM manual works fine, and Adobe Reader is up to date.

I have also noticed that the AI when crossing the Autobhan  sinks through the bridge crossing is this to do with the scenery level???? I t doesn't happen at EDDM.

Can any of you guys help me with trouble shooting the manual issue, I would gladly PM with a copy of my reciept from SimMarket if some one could send me a copy. If not I quite understand.

Regards

Nic Jackson

I have also noticed that the AI when crossing the Autobhan sinks through the bridge crossing is this to do with the scenery level????

AI traffic will sink when crossing. This is covered in the manual.

Peter Schluter

You DO know that this is the latest trend by developers?  Offer a "new and improved" version of something we already have paid for.  No new airport or scenery, just "new and improved"."Step right up and pays your money! Buy something you already have and really don't need.  Keep FS2004 alive with recycled stuff!"

Nope ..... I'm not falling for this money pit.

NOTE:

This applies to several products from several vendors over the last year or so.

I have "frozen" FS2004 at a point in time and sync'd the scenery, charts, static aircraft and what have you to that point.  Saves me spending a helluva time downloading the latest of everything and also buying it [again?].  Good for the wallet, too!!

Dijvid

I freeze only parts of my sim. i.e L-1011's, DC-10's, Tu-154's and a few others will always fly in my sim.

Some developers keep improving their art. UK2000 for example, I have bought many new renditions of the same airport and they look better every time.   

I could easily freeze my airports but if the scenery is well done.....and EDDFv2 looks very good to me.(I have not flown it yet)  I will certainly support more FS9 development.

AI traffic will sink when crossing. This is covered in the manual.

Thank You Peter for this info much appreciated.

Regards

Nic

I brought it the other day , so pleased there is still FS9 scenery add ons being released ...only downside is it's quite a frame rate hog but still fly able .

ugcx_banner.png

You can switch off ground shadows (if you can live and fly without them) and you should experience FPS increase.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Well I can|t wait to try ot when I return. Bought it last week :)