Sign in to follow this  
PMSoares

What's wrong with Portland?

Dear friends,

Whets wrong with the Portland International Airport? It's one of the main hubs in USA west coast, an ANG main base and yet I haven't seen any good payware or freeware scenery for FSX or P3D... Why no developer has made a good PDX airport? Any restriction due to the fact that it's an ANG base? Does anybody know if there's any developer working on it?

Dear friends,

What's wrong with the Portland International Airport? It's one of the main hubs in USA west coast, an ANG main base and yet I haven't seen any good payware or freeware scenery for FSX or P3D... Why no developer has made a good PDX airport? Any restriction due to the fact that it's an ANG base? Does anybody know if there's any developer working on it?

PM Soares:

I visit PDX occasionally.  I picked up a freeware scenery package.  I suggest you search AVSIM and other web sites.  The freeware may not be perfect, but it does the job for me.  By the way, I rate PDX as a fairly complicated airport to navigate.

Good luck on your search.

Jim Elder. 

There has been a payware for FS9 that works if you do some changes to it for FSX, but I too wish a new PDX was released. One of the last large airports that needs a good rendition in the US.

I'm using this one and it's for FS2004 but does just fine in FSX.   portland_kpdx_2010.zip

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Unfortunately there are no good freeware or paywere sceneries for PDX, I was hoping FSdreamream would take on the project but they said in a forum post that another developer was already started on one so the backed off, they didn't say which developer though. I was hoping it was flight beam or LatinVFR.

It would be a great airport due to the Passenger terminal and the Oregon Air National Guard using the same airport. I remember flying out of there when I was about 12 and 3 F-4 Phantoms took off simultaneously right in front of our Air Alaska 737, I will never forget how the rumble of those engines shook our fuselage. Today they use F-15's which would be awesome having them taxi in front of you to an active runway.  Also the MAX Red Line Light Rail too and from the Terminal is a nice scenery addition as well.

Matthew Kane

I've just uploaded to Avsim and Flightsim a freeware KPDX scenery for FSX. It should be made available for downloading shortly.

Read that "both PDX and EWR are in development."

Whoever is making KPDX, if they are making just the airport, its not going to cut it...  The expectations are big and there has been precedent!

http://www.avsim.com/topic/494021-kpdx/

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I've been using my own modified version without the ground textures.

It's much better than the default that comes with FTX PNW:

11d0c7.jpg
2a8925.jpg
3b9247.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

I'm looking forward to a new one.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

There is a good PDX payware being made by Flightbeam. It is in progress and therefore not talked about too much and hard to find information on but flightbeam is working on PDX and looking at their quality on previous airports I'm sure it will turn out absolutely awesome. The following link takes you to a blog page which has a link to their Facebook page that you can use to follow any updates on the progress of their PDX airport.

http://flightbeam.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2479