Sign in to follow this  
Jive1

FreeMeshX in FS9

Hey!

I wonder wether the FreeMeshX files will work in FS9. I've seen somewhere but don't remember where, that they can be used for FS9, FSX and P3D.

What can I expect using them in FS9.

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

Hey! Good morning.

Further to my previous question....

I found patches 1.01 up to 1.07. Should I install them all in one folder above the main FreeMeshX folder?

What about the missing Central American files. Are they available somewhere? If not, when will they be available?

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

I've never tested them for FS9, and since it was compiled by the FSX compilers, I'm not so sure if they are compatible. I think FS2004 mesh files can only be single LOD and FreeMeshX is multiLOD.

I'm not sure what you mean by missing Central American files? All of the FreeMeshX files are available. Also, patches 1.01-1.04 are obsolete. Only 1.05-1.07 are needed.

Thank you Aviator Moser!

Since I'm rather new in mesh things... What means Multi LOD and Single LOD, is that a mix of various LOD's? I can't find good explanation on the Internet...

For the Genesis Mesh files that I have in FS9 I've set them in various folders, a 76-folder, a 38-folder, a 19-folder and a 10-folder, and that works fine. The latter folder is the highest layer in the addon scenery set up. Is that combination what you call MultiLOD? Because in FS9 these 4 folders with the 4 different LOD-files, they work fine. I have FSGenesis files, but Genesis Mesh is expensive, so I don't have them all for the whole world. This FreeMeshX system is free for the whole world, and that makes it possible to have them all.

Since I fly still FS9, which is still the best, I want to try these FreeMeshX mesh files in my system.

About the Central USA files ( not 'central American' as I mentioned before ) somewhere I've read that they are not available yet, and on the map they are not marked as existing. But if I understand well what you said, the North America files are all in the folder of the same name?

And the patches 1 to 5, I can throw away, whereas I only have to piace the files of patches 6 and 7 in a single folder above the main mesh folder?

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

Thank you Aviator Moser!

Since I'm rather new in mesh things... What means Multi LOD and Single LOD, is that a mix of various LOD's? I can't find good explanation on the Internet...

For the Genesis Mesh files that I have in FS9 I've set them in various folders, a 76-folder, a 38-folder, a 19-folder and a 10-folder, and that works fine. The latter folder is the highest layer in the addon scenery set up. Is that combination what you call MultiLOD? Because in FS9 these 4 folders with the 4 different LOD-files, they work fine. I have FSGenesis files, but Genesis Mesh is expensive, so I don't have them all for the whole world. This FreeMeshX system is free for the whole world, and that makes it possible to have them all.

Since I fly still FS9, which is still the best, I want to try these FreeMeshX mesh files in my system.

About the Central USA files ( not 'central American' as I mentioned before ) somewhere I've read that they are not available yet, and on the map they are not marked as existing. But if I understand well what you said, the North America files are all in the folder of the same name?

And the patches 1 to 5, I can throw away, whereas I only have to piace the files of patches 6 and 7 in a single folder above the main mesh folder?

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

Hi Jive,

In FS2004, the meshes are divided into separate folders as you said for different "Level of Detail" or in short "LOD". This is no longer needed in FSX where you can compile all the different types of LODs into one .BGL. So this new terrain system will probably not work in FS9.

Okay, I understand what you mean by Central America. That is a project I am working on, but since the USA is already LOD10, then you will still have a consistent LOD for the vast majority of the planet. As for the patches, you just need 1.05, 1.06 and 1.07. Each is in their own pinned topic here in our support forum. But like I said, I have a feeling FS9 won't be compatible with FreeMeshX.