Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Cockpit VC zoom adjust

Hi all-

Is there a way to manually decrease cockpit zoom from .30 to say .10? I'm once again trying to get nVidia Surround up and working and it seems that the farthest away I can get from the VC panel is .30

Needless to say, at the 5700 x 1080 resolution, I'm right on top of the panel.

Thanks,

Mark

Try using (binding) the Selection Increase and Selection Decrease command. Works great!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Not sure what that is...

I've zoomed out all the way I can with the '-' key if that's what you mean.

Mark

tick wide view option in settings, it might look better.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

im not sure goes any lower than 0.30

you are not really moving the camera away so much as increasing the field of view, even 0.3 is already kind of bordering on fish-eye lens. it sounds like you are maybe wanting to move the camera position itself backwards? which you could try i think the default keys for that are ctrl+enter and ctrl+backspace to move it back and forth. EDIT:i'm not sure that's actually the right keys, sorry i use ez-dok so i don't remember the default keys very well..

you may want to try manually editing the camera definition in aircraft.cfg

look for the InitialZoom values for that cam and maybe try changing it there..

and also possibly play with the InitialXyz coordinates to see if you can get something more like what you want..

there is a pretty good breakdown of what all the settings are in this site here: 

http://www.fstipsandaddons.com/tutorials/understanding-fsx-cameras.html

cheers

-andy crosby

tick wide view option in settings, it might look better.

This was it thanks.

im not sure goes any lower than 0.30

you are not really moving the camera away so much as increasing the field of view, even 0.3 is already kind of bordering on fish-eye lens. it sounds like you are maybe wanting to move the camera position itself backwards? which you could try i think the default keys for that are ctrl+enter and ctrl+backspace to move it back and forth. EDIT:i'm not sure that's actually the right keys, sorry i use ez-dok so i don't remember the default keys very well..

you may want to try manually editing the camera definition in aircraft.cfg

look for the InitialZoom values for that cam and maybe try changing it there..

and also possibly play with the InitialXyz coordinates to see if you can get something more like what you want..

there is a pretty good breakdown of what all the settings are in this site here: 

http://www.fstipsandaddons.com/tutorials/understanding-fsx-cameras.html

cheers

-andy crosby

Thank you for this Andy. The wide view post above did the trick.