Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

TIME magazine lists FSX in "Top 50 Best Video Games of All Time"

They obviously haven't heard of X Plane 10.50.

• Upvote 1

Dave Taylor gb.png

If it was a list of "The Top 50 Best Flight Sims of All Time" that may be a relevant point.

Unfortunately, X-Plane has a fraction of the users and impact on the larger PC community when compared to the MSFS franchise. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

MSFS has been compared to countless other Flight Simulators going back to the Late 1970s when Bruce Artwick started it. X-Plane is just the latest other sim

Matthew Kane

If it was a list of "The Top 50 Best Flight Sims of All Time" that may be a relevant point.

Unfortunately, X-Plane has a fraction of the users and impact on the larger PC community when compared to the MSFS franchise. 

Obviously X-Plane is not regarded as a video game! (by Time magazine)

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

I think anything sold on Steam qualifies as a game.

It's a game under the simulation category. X-Plane is for education and entertainment as well. Must be boring on the veld because you have been doing this for years now. Can we get another dead horse?

Matthew Kane

Lots of classics there for sure, but there is not many games/simulations which continue to be played in decent numbers 10 years after the fact and have a huge network of addon possibilities. Im sure alot of dev studios wish to have that legacy.  Certainly niche market but with a very strong core of die hards that I dont see dissipating at all especially with the future of flight simulation possibilities. Im proud to be a flight simmer and part of the legacy as im sure many are here.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Lots of classics there for sure, but there is not many games/simulations which continue to be played in decent numbers 10 years after the fact and have a huge network of addon possibilities. Im sure alot of dev studios wish to have that legacy.  Certainly niche market but with a very strong core of die hards that I dont see dissipating at all especially with the future of flight simulation possibilities. Im proud to be a flight simmer and part of the legacy as im sure many are here.

Makes me feel like a Rush fan. The number 3 selling rock band behind the Beatles and the Rolling Stones. Even though they are not hugely popular they have been making records since 1968 which is why they are at no 3. Longevity and sustainability and hard core fans, even though the fan base is relatively small

Bruce Artwick released the first one in 1979, here we are 37 years later

Matthew Kane

It's a game under the simulation category. X-Plane is for education and entertainment as well. Must be boring on the veld because you have been doing this for years now. Can we get another dead horse?

Actually, not on the veld, in Cape Town, a little 'burb called Llandudno, 15km from the city center, on the coast, certainly not boring!

Just for you, then..   :hi: 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Hmm, I have it and it has a loooong way to go to match FSX for immersion.

spacer.png

This whole debate between game/simulation is getting boring now. To some it's a game and to others it a simulation. People have different opinions. Who would've thought it.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

I suggest that it's a "gameulation" then. Problem solved... :good:

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I am waiting for those to jump in and say 'we are not a game'  

We are not a game :dance: although they mention flight simmers.

Hmm, I have it and it has a loooong way to go to match FSX for immersion.

Same here.

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.