Sign in to follow this  
Guest Daniel Pimentel

PHOENIX: the Rebirth!!

I'm so happy to have the same nice feeling I had once....few years ago, when a new PSS product was released.The "whaooooow!" is back again for our great pleasure.I was one of PSS loyal and enthusiastic supporter for years but was quite angry about their relationship to customers and quite disapointed by their recent products (A330-340 and Concorde).Until I discovered the T7...I love PMDG and Level-D (and don't want to make comparisons) but I was always a bit nostalgic of these fantastic panels PSS made for FS2000, where you got the feeling to have the real stuff in your hands.Today I find back the same wonderful feeling.They also made adrastic change in their forum.I have to say that Norman is a fantastic person and an excellent Support Manager.His patience, kindness and professionalism have brought a sunny light there and I am sincerely very grateful for his contribution.So the sun is shinning again above PSS and this is the best news we had in our small community this year!!The 777 is a great aircraft that can proudly enter into the Pantheon of the best jets for FS9 together with PMDG's beautiful and so complete 747-400 and the brillant Level-D's 767.Microsoft fellows, don't hurry to release your FS10 !! :-)David in Jerusalem

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Blimey, there's plenty of gushing going on about this aircraft and the new improved PSS. I confidently expect to read soon that they've managed to turn water into wine..Seriously, I'm glad you feel that way David. I'm waiting to get home to download it and give it a whirl. Like you I was underwhelmed by the A330/340, so it'll be nice indeed if this time they've managed to produce something that lives up to the billing.Ian

Guest vrandar

>Blimey, there's plenty of gushing going on about this>aircraft and the new improved PSS. I confidently expect to>read soon that they've managed to turn water into wine..It's still a work in progress as we've had a bit of trouble lately with our water supplier :)Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training CaptainBritish Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

David:I was just going to bed when I saw your post, I tried to ignore, but this one was calling me. Let's take a step back for a second and sip a dose of reality shall we?The PSS T7 is not another PMDG 747-400 / LDS 767-300 and neither is it a Perfect Flight "Fly the garbage" title. It lies squarely somewhere in between. While the Weather radar is a VERY welcome and long awaited inclusion to a heavy aircraft, if you are gonna compare them there has to be an objective basis that place them on equal planes (no pun intended).The PSS T7 falls short in a few areas to which its high fidelity counterparts have already set the bar:The PSS T7 is missing some pretty vital FMC functionality that exist in its counterparts such as FIX, Wind pages AND the ability to exit holds in the FMC the right way. Likewise lack of altitude callouts from 2,500 down, lack of dynamic Vspeed callouts on take-off, FL CH problems, and preported porpoising at cruise. VC lighting that lacks a dome light, night lighting that includes the orange FS2000 panel floods (which cannot be turned off), the inability to open just one cabin door (all 10 doors open or none at all - this one leaves me puzzled!!!) and drooping control surfaces that still move with all hydraulics off. Lack of reflective cockpit windows (if that is your thing). There are more...Only one or two of the above mentioned issues are bonefied bugs, the rest are design choices. AND with the target hardcore market, I can see the fact that you must open all 10 doors and cannot open just one alone to cause an outcry, much less the other things.To be fair, it is a good attempt at the T7 and will be more functional than its FeelThere counterpart. However, is it a ground breaking aircraft? No, I can't honestly say that it is. Is it PMDG or LDS level in terms of completeness and featuresets? No, it is not, both other aircraft are more complete. What it IS, is a good aircraft with many nice features and relatively complete avionics and an external model that is still open to interpretation. AND IF one goes into one's purchase with it in mind that it will NOT be another PIC, LDS or PMDG aircraft which please even the hardcore wire and bolt counters, one will not be disappointed.I am glad you are enjoying your T7 as am I, but let's temper our enthusiasm and be fair to our fellow simmers with a non emotional assessment of the aircaft based on fact.These are just my opinions and observations so far.

Mike,A perfect summary of this product, sir, spot on.Anyone considering purchase, please, read and re-read what Mike has said. You'll be doing yourself a favor.

Regards,

Brian Doney

HelloI could not have said this better, I wish PSS all the best with this release but i hope they dont try to market it as equal to the aircraft from PMDG and LDS because it is not really up to that standard.Hopefully they will get it into a flyable condition but the response fron PSS to requests for things like accurate callouts and reflective glass in the VC does not make me hope that they will make this aircraft be a ground breaking release.As it stands it is at a early FS9 level not a release coming at the end of the FS9 product line.

The anti-PSS crowd will never stop. Many or most of those flames and complaints are likely from people who don't own the product and have no intention of ever owning it. All they're after is making trouble and hurting the company.

So now reflective glass in the VC is a vital component towards a "flyable" addon?You sound just like the kid who claimed the 320 was the worst addon ever for no other reason than that the cockpit windows were tilted a tenth of a degree different from those of the real aircraft.

>>You sound just like the kid who claimed the 320 was the worst>addon ever for no other reason than that the cockpit windows>were tilted a tenth of a degree different from those of the>real aircraft.yes that's EXACTLY the arguments from people...geez, there may be an anti-_____ crowd, but there definately is an anti-anti crowd

Guest FattyBear

Nowhere in his post did he say it was vital to make a flyable add-on, he said if "thats your thing." It's a spot on summary of the T7. I've pretty much given up on it when today I was taking off and it lifted off at 80 knots and starting skidding off the runway. I'm sure Im giving in to early but I really don't feel like flying with an airplane I feel could do something nuts at any moment.

Hi Mike,I definitely agree with you regarding the systems accuracy and complexity.There is indeed nothing to compare with PMDG or Level-D on that point. They both offer much more complex systems, much closer to the real thing.PSS has made a differemt choice and that was also the case for the Airbus serie. They offer a beautiful airplane with a fantastic 2D panel (IMHO it's the most perfect graphics I've seen so far, so crispy and superb look and feel), very nice sounds also, the external textures are much more pleasant than the ugly "cigar" we had with the A330 or the rough Concorde external model.Should we compare with similar products?I believe they complete each others.I personally love complex systems and I enjoy so much the 747-400 or the 767 where I can learn, challenge and practice very sophisticated avionics, introduce failures, etc... But sometimes I want my eyes to enjoy much then my brain and for that I give a 5 stars to PSS.If I could summarize my feelings it would be (in order of preference):BEST FLIGHT DYN. :LEVEL-D, PMDG, PSSBEST 3D COCKPIT: PMDG, PSS, LEVEL-DBEST 2D COCKPIT: PSS, PMDG, LEVEL-DBEST SOUNDS: PSS, LEVEL-D, PMDGBEST AVIONICS: PMDG and LEVEL-D, PSSBEST EXTERNAL MODEL: PMDG, PSS and LEVEL-DBEST QUALITY/PRICE BALANCE: LEVEL-D, PSS and PMDG (We shouldn't forget that the PSS costs "only" (...) $ 35 with a single livery but a bunch of free user repaints)I hope this will help simmers to decide whether to purchase the T7 or not.Best regards,David

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Well, my T7 went nuts on me last night. I was in the cruise doing my usual proving flight between KSEA and KSFO when the thing started climbing steeply until it stalled, stood on its tail and then fell to earth. It wouldn't respond to any flight control or throttle inputs.I'm going to try another flight tonight and see if it occurs again. I seem to remember that at the time it went crazy I was checking out the various engine, electrical and hydraulic displays in the VC. Perhaps I should have kept my fingers to myself..Shame, 'cos I really love the weather radar. It really adds something to the sim, and it's almost worth the price alone - but not if the rest of the aircraft is unstable and prone to acts of madness. Ian

Indeed spot on assessment - for what the PSS T7 is, it's a great product. Only thing is, unless I'm misunderstanding, you can in fact turn the floods off leaving the green integral lighting only.At the end of the day though it's now clearer to me that talented group thatthey are, PSS' design philosophies, and my needs as a consumer are somewhat at odds. There is no question whose 752 I'm now waiting for.Having said that I cannot wait for the weekend so I can stretch the T7's legs a bit :)regards,Markhttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/markrey/lsd2.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark