Sign in to follow this  
Rivet

Aerofly 2 ultrawide

I use one, it works.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Yes, I also use one!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

go VR you will throw your monitors away.

... and your eyes retina as well!!!

Think and read - while you can - before jumping on the last piece of technology released... 

well I have the rift and will never fly on my 2d monitor again, so 1990's lol

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Have to admit, I would like to try a rift.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

go VR you will throw your monitors away.

Except that I can't afford it, especially here in Brazil, I fully agree with you.

Except that I can't afford it, especially here in Brazil, I fully agree with you.

I am sorry you cannot afford it, as you probably know if you have the rift and VR you are now sitting in the cockpit, I would say VR will make spending thousands of dollars on setting up a home built cockpit will be redundant, infact I had a basic cockpit set up with mcp, efis, rudder pedals, throttle from throttelek and a short throw 1080p projector, most of it is all sold, that is how good i think Vr is.

Until they come out with a VR glove so I can reach and operate my modules "yoke/landing gear/buttons and switches/  etc VR is out the question to me. :smile:

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

have you tried leapmotion ? i control the pmdg 737 mcp, lights, autopilot, fd, etc with my hands, although I still use mouse for programming the fmc, and a few other things. 

I am sorry you cannot afford it, as you probably know if you have the rift and VR you are now sitting in the cockpit, I would say VR will make spending thousands of dollars on setting up a home built cockpit will be redundant, infact I had a basic cockpit set up with mcp, efis, rudder pedals, throttle from throttelek and a short throw 1080p projector, most of it is all sold, that is how good i think Vr is.

I am not questioning this. I watched hundreds of VR videos and read tons of reports and I fully agree with you: VR is the future of flight simulation. This is also is one of the several reasons why I am supporting Aerofly FS 2. If I had the money, be sure it would on the top of my to-buy list today.

I hope this technology will become available for about 500 Euros/dollars and several optimizations in a matter of 2-3 years. Given the price it is being offered today, especially outside US, it is well beyond my reach.

yes like with all technology it is inevitable prices will go down, I was in a fortunate position that selling my cockpit hardware paid for my rift and some.

VR at its current state does have some short comings, mainly not a crisp and clear than a 2d monitor, however i think within 5 years the prices will come down and the resolution of these things will go up, that is just the way technology is, no doubt we will need to have even faster computers to handle it all.

Just last night I did a short flight from Boston to KJFK in the PMDG 737 in full VR, did a manual approach and it was a breeze would not have dreamt of such a nice manual approach looking at a 2d monitor,  landed and taxied to the gate and I just shook my head in disbelief how good VR is and where we have come from, (remembering the flightsim 98 days when I first started with flight simulator way back then).