Sign in to follow this  
RamonB

IRIS Pilatus PC-24 First Impression

ok now the LOC become green and align. but it dont follow the glidescope even if it's green! :-\ wth?!

I have never been able to capture the glidescope with this plane. Even the 9-21-2016 hotfix didn't help. Emailed IRIS support on this issue along with some other bugs.

In the meantime I've disabled the native autopilot, replacing it with the WeFly autopilot. Solves the problem but not really a solution.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

The autopilot is still, after applying the hotfix, faulty in this aircraft. I finally managed to fly an ILS approach, but only after pushing the ALT button a second time. The problem is that ALT is deactivated by pushing APR and the aircraft begins an undefined descent until ALT is pushed again.

Another annoyance is the fact that the alphanumeric keypad in the VC (the MCP keyboard) is mostly inoperable. The manual says that the computer keyboard must be used to enter the flightplan or a Direct-To. But this of course is a total nonsense as most of the letter keys are assigned to simulator functions by default. If you e.g. want to enter a waypoint containing the letter P, the simulator enters the Pause mode, which makes it completely impossibly to enter a P. I don't see any reason to make the letter keys of the MCP keyboard non-functional.

So far, the PC-24 is quite a disappointment and I really hope that Iris eliminates all those niggles mentioned in this thread.

Felix

if ever they read this...

ok so it's not me. i tried again, no success. bad alignment and absolutely no glidescope.

It's amazing how these threads just die out

The developer just sells their quota and then the product is left to die

Saw all the threads on a competeing and poor biz jet just shut down like it didn't exist any more

Is this the future of add-ons ?

Iris never did this before

• Upvote 1

It's amazing how these threads just die out

The developer just sells their quota and then the product is left to die

Saw all the threads on a competeing and poor biz jet just shut down like it didn't exist any more

Is this the future of add-ons ?

Iris never did this before

Or maybe you are just a little bit overdramatic.

It's not Iris' forums. It's not a place to get support. And you can't reasonably assume that they are following this thread. 

Contact them directly or via place that is meant to be a support for their products. 

I have all of Iris' FSX products and looking

forward to getting this one when I read the posts about

how it has been fixed up to a geater degree.

I bought the aforementioned competing bizjet and after six new versions it was never fixed up and apears to have been left for dead and the threads locked.

That is why I am exercising caution.

Contact them directly or via place that is meant to be a support for their products.

I opened a ticket with all my observations more than a month ago, but I did not even get a confirmation that they have read my info. I had experienced almost the same with some earlier "support"-tickets regarding their G109 and Pilatus PC-9A. Sadly, support seems to be non-existing.

Felix

I opened a ticket with all my observations more than a month ago, but I did not even get a confirmation that they have read my info. I had experienced almost the same with some earlier "support"-tickets regarding their G109 and Pilatus PC-9A. Sadly, support seems to be non-existing.

Seems to be common complaint....

The PC9A seems pretty well bug free to me.

What problem are you having with it?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

What problem are you having with it?

There were several things I put into that PC-9/A support ticket:

The first version had a very strange high-nose attitude during final approach. The current version is better in this respect but still does not really allow a proper approach using the AOA indicator. When the AOA indicator shows green, the aircraft is already too slow with a high-nose attitude.

Secondly, Iris had announced an extension pack including EPU and failure system per February 2015. According to my knowledge it was never released.

Thirdly, I had asked for a Swiss livery (at least the Pilatus demonstrator livery), but I got no reply. I found such liveries on another website in the meantime.

Dealing with Iris's support is quite frustrating.

• Upvote 1

Felix

Guess they've just let it go

Could have been a good seller for Christmas

I would have bought it.

They are selling it 50% off

I bought it....cannot see the top console which has autopilot all black

if there is a joystick under the mfd it is all black and indistinguishable.

flies ok manually

Manual terrible

We will see about support as it does not match description.

I have never used a Paypal dispute but I feel like it with this as their website contacts and support just lead to no page.an email to their support bounced....it is not the fact that it does not work that annoys me it is the runnaround over contacts and the website....

Lewicide, on 09 Dec 2016 - 3:32 PM, said:

Guess they've just let it go

Could have been a good seller for Christmas

I would have bought it.

• Upvote 1

Harry Woodrow

I have been a constant supporter of Iris and bought all of their products

It is such a shame that this one was let go unfixed

Cannot understand why

Were the problems too big to fix ?