Sign in to follow this  
RamonB

IRIS Pilatus PC-24 First Impression

They'll tell you it's just a hobby, something they do in their spare time. And anyways, they never intended to build something with full systems. Their EULA never really guarantees anything at all. It's a great business model that's been around for eons. Sell the sizzle, not the steak. And it works like a religion.

I should have learned to do my homework. User reviews, not advertisements.

Why do Carenado, Wilcopub and IRIS use a non-public ticket system? To keep the problem isolated and contained.

Why do HiFi and REX have open support forums where the developers actively participate? Cuz there's still a few out there who care about their customers.

Yep, there's exceptions to the open/closed support systems but "closed" should trigger a flag. I should have listened.

Flight1, while not perfect, still offers a 30 day refund policy. Or is it 14 days. I've rediscovered their site and products. They have open forums and take PayPal.

• Upvote 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

When the magic words "update" were mentioned I had to cave in

especially as I like to support Iris' products

Got it today and not unhappy with it

Avionics/fms interface "different"/"original"

but am getting used to it using the "discovery" method

Iris usually fixes thing up, just can take time sometimes.

Good frames on my system compared to other recent release small jets.

Still wish they would reconsider a forum instead of facebook, I won't do facebook.

For AUD$20.00 (while on special) I couldn't pass this up.

I wasn't expecting much and so far I am very pleasantly surprised.

I would say that the graphics (inside and out) are 1st class and the glass cockpit is very crisp and easy to read.

I just did a short test flight and seems to handle very well and the functions I tried on the autopilot all worked as intended.

I haven't got in depth on the systems yet as I'm going to read the manual first but this is where I expect a few short comings but for $20 I will not be complaining. 

I can see myself flying this a lot as I'm interested in the real life PC-24 and have been following it's development.

I believe the real plane will be certified for single pilot operation and this is reflected in the high automation of the system and the ease of operation.

If you have any interest in this aircraft suggest you consider purchase while their 50% sale is still on.

• Upvote 1

recent update, now on sale. i am tempted.

would somebody be so kind telling us what got fixed with the last update? couldnt find anything like a changelog on their website...

thanks, HiLok

This airplane isn't much out of the box, but it has potential if you are willing to do some work.  I fixed the AP/FD, changed the FDE, and added some of our favorite products.  The frame rate is great (pay no attention to the rate in the screenshot...it was taken with some serious REX weather running and with several other programs open).  I'll have to see if IRIS is interested in letting me distribute the cfg files.  Folks like Bert and Ray could really turn this into a great airplane. 

a6VII9Y.jpg

I changed the yellow warning lights to only come on with 10% of fuel left.  The display will still report low fuel at 25%, If you like I can send anyone the new PC24-CORE.CAB file with the change made to the CAS.xml file.  Just drop me a  line jfmitch1716@rogers.com.  The hardest part was making the new CAB file.

Have over 50 hours of flying this baby now and am very pleased with it.

Jim

On 5/25/2017 at 7:20 PM, whamil77 said:

This airplane isn't much out of the box, but it has potential if you are willing to do some work.  I fixed the AP/FD, changed the FDE, and added some of our favorite products.  The frame rate is great (pay no attention to the rate in the screenshot...it was taken with some serious REX weather running and with several other programs open).  I'll have to see if IRIS is interested in letting me distribute the cfg files.  Folks like Bert and Ray could really turn this into a great airplane. 

a6VII9Y.jpg

what did you do to "fix the AP/FD, changed the FDE " ??

• Like 1