Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

P2A says I'm off course.

I was doing a flight today from YBCG (Coolongotta) to YBCS (Cairnes). Everything was good until about halfway through the flight ATC said I was off course, turm left to 210 degrees. I was flying on autopilot following the flight plan that I imported into P2A and also the FMGS of the Aerosoft Bus. The nav data I'm using is Navagraph Airac 1609. Is it possible that the error was caused by a different data set in P2A?

NAX669.png

It is always a good idea to have the same AIRAC data in P2A and the aircraft that you are using.  

What AIRAC cycle do you have in P2A. 

Also P2A can currently only use NavDataPro

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

It is always a good idea to have the same AIRAC data in P2A and the aircraft that you are using.  

What AIRAC cycle do you have in P2A. 

Also P2A can currently only use NavDataPro

Clive,

Thanks for the response. I'm using whatever Airac was with the last update. Navigraph seems to be having all kinds of trouble adding P2A to their list of supported programs. I may have to switch to Navdatapro if they can't figure it out.

NAX669.png

I would if you are using P2A. There are a LOT of differences in the DATA between the two providers.

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Mike,

While there could be a link to the mismatched AIRAC data, another possibility is a mismatch of flight plans. 

Once you file the flight plan in P2A, ATC has its own version of the approved flight plan.  If ATC assigns a STAR or approach or makes any other changes to the original flight plan, P2A updates the ATC version of the flight plan while leaving any changes to your version up to you.

If the 2 flight plans get out of sync, it will look like you're flying the correct course because it matches the course that is in the P2A Map, based on the flight plan you entered.  But the ATC Flight plan may be different based on in flight changes made by ATC and so the "off course" call may begin.

Regards,

Dave

I had the same situation the other day..If you have none of the ATC options checked in "config" setting, then the

p2a flt plan and the internal atc flight plan should be the same..If I understand this correctly. It obviously made

a change (I flew it twice) but I dont know why.

Rick

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

When if first happened I thought if I requested a "direct to" my next waypoint that maybe it would stop but that didn't help. It continued all the way to my destination. I was still assigned a star and everything was as planned but I was always reminded that I was off course.

NAX669.png

Rick and Mike,

If you could post or send me the flight plan and your ATC Settings, I can try and reproduce the problem. 

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

I don't know if you can increase the size of this JPG to see my ATC setting.

P2A1_zpsn87zlayb.jpg

My flight plan was:

YBCG DCT CG H185 BN Q26 CS DCT YBCS

NAX669.png

Mike,

Thanks for the new image.  It looks like you have ATC assigning STARs and Approaches, so the out of sync condition may have occurred.

Rick,

I flew the route you sent me and did not have the problem.  I am flying the test version of the next update so it's possible something has changed to prevent me getting the problem.

Give it a try with the new update when it comes out and let me know if you have the same problem with the ATC Assigns SIDs, STARs, and Approaches all unchecked.

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks Dave. So am I better off to not have ATC assign SIDS/STARS, or was this just one of those odd occurrences? I've flown other flights with the same settings and not had a problem.

NAX669.png

It may have been an odd occurrence. 

What sometimes happens to me is I get busy and when I'm told what arrival or approach to expect I miss the transition point or something and then don't enter it exactly right in the FMS, causing me to then be off course. 

If you are wanting to practice a specific arrival or approach, then you'll need to uncheck the options to be sure you get what you want.  Otherwise, you'll get the most realism with the options checked.

Dave

This happened long before I was given my STAR for approach. I want to say I was already out of the SID. I was given instructions for direct to CORAL so maybe I missed a waypoint before I went direct. Thanks for your help.

NAX669.png