Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Nielsen

Another ES Cirrus thread...

I wasn't a big Cirrus fan up until now. In the vein of DreamFleet's Beechcrafts, this add-on is truly remarkable. What blew me away was when I discovered the 'VC lite' option. That option gives VC fans even better framerates due to the fact the 2D panel is not included. You just have the VC which produces better performance from the gauges in the VC. I have to make sure this get's implemented in other add-on's I'm working with presently.Ron you can change my info on the 'User Recommendations' page on your site because you guys have outdone yourselves with the Cirrus (take a quote from this post instead as your work over the years deserves a better quote from me). I've always been a big fan of your company's work but this is ridicules... The Cirrus is remarkable and I can only imagine what the joy of owning a real one would be (talk about having the best toy on the block or should I say

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Had a chance to check out the cockpit of the Cirrus at a recent airshow in Glendale, AZ.What was more interesting was checking out the people checking out the cockpit of the Cirrus. Here's an airshow filled with dozens of steam gauge aircraft, and the Cirrus stood out like a sore thumb. I loved the visibility over the cockpit--I only have the 170, 172 and 182 to compare it to, but if I could pony up the bucks, I'd love to own the real thing.I still would love to see the folks at ES tackle the Lancair IV-P! They better tackle it before somebody else does! :)-John

John you took the thought right out of my head... :-eek An Eaglesoft Lancair would be a wonderful idea. I'm still holding out for an ES Gulfstream IV... Both options would be a dream coming from Eaglesoft because very few developers could do these planes the proper justice in Flight Simulator...

FS2020 

Guest Knikolaes

I am the same way. LOVE the VC Lite!!!!!I fly her only from the VC, though I admit I had to change my eyepoint as I was having a bit of an issue seing the runway on final approach -- but once I got the eyepoint I wanted I was in a world of bliss :-)

Wow Dillon, maybe we should hire you as reviewer:-) :-) All kidding aside, it's posts like this really give us all that "extra boost" to take us from here to an even higher level in our efforts to produce products that have high value and plenty of enjoyment to users.:-) We thank you and others for "high marks" on our Cirrus SR20 G2 and we can hardly wait to bring the Cirrus SR22 G2 and Cirrus SRV to this, and even a higher standard! Who knows, a Columbia 400 may not be out of the question. Meantime, back to the grindstone for us:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>I am the same way. LOVE the VC Lite!!!!!>>I fly her only from the VC, though I admit I had to change my>eyepoint as I was having a bit of an issue seing the runway on>final approach -- but once I got the eyepoint I wanted I was>in a world of bliss :-)LOL! That's why the seats are adjustable... ;) Actually, I jacked up the eyepoint just a bit for the Service Release, and modified the PFD and MFD Zoom windows so they could be opened in the VC as well...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

"Wow Dillon, maybe we should hire you as reviewer"I'll just take a slot on the beta team if you don't mind... :-hah

FS2020 

I got to sit in one also at BFI a few years back. Sandel was the rage then for the avionics. I was amazed at the ergonomics of the aircraft and how much room there was in it.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply