Sign in to follow this  
Raphael Hardholt

FSX cracks/cuts in the screen

Hello people,

I have been dealing with this problem for a very very long time. 

What my problem is, is basically that everytime I just pan around with a view in FSX (no matter which view), it looks as if I have some sort of cuts or cracks in the screen.

I have had this problem for the time since I played FS, but since I recently bought a new computer, and I got a new monitor with it, I only started to really see it more clearly.

I have a link to a YouTube video, where you can see what kind of issue I have:

https://youtu.be/wSrObxJaJD8?t=2m33s

Now, the subject of the video is irrelevant, but look closely to the screen, and you can see quite some lag stutters, with parts of the screen not bordering each other correctly. 

This is the problem I have been dealing with for a long time, and I would like to ask the FS community of how it might be solved.

Regards, Raphaël.

Sounds like vsync, Knowing your specs will help of course. And also what your fsx.cfg looks like.

Post those and I'm pretty sure we can get you fixed up.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

no, I don't.

Then you are missing out in a big time way.  Do it and you'll never go back to DX9 and wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

Ilya

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

Nvidia Inspector is free http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html

DX10 Fixer is $28.99 US http://sites.fastspring.com/stevesfsxanalysis/product/dx10sceneryfixer

2 additions that will change the look of your FSX.

Also do you Sim full screen or Windowed?

I use FSX windowed, but with FSX Borderless (basically some sort of tweak that makes your sim look like it's fullscreen while having it windowed).

I'll have a look into NVIDIA inspector, although I don't really have an idea of what it does with your FS experience.

Before you jump into DX10 and go down that rabbit-hole... your immediate problem appears to be your Vsync setting for the nvidia card.

Windowed mode is tricky and that may well be the problem right there.

To eliminate the screen rippling/tearing, you have to have Vsync set to ON.

nvidia Inspector is an app to set the various settings for the video card.

Suggest you look for Vsync and Windowed mode on Google,  to see if there is a way to force Vsync to ON in that mode.. also try to run full screen mode and see if the problem goes away.

Then you are missing out in a big time way.  Do it and you'll never go back to DX9 and wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

Ilya

Not everyone feels that way  :nea:

Bert

Following up on Bert's post:

Try ForceWindowedVsync=1 in [Graphics] section of your fsx.cfg file.

If that doesn't do it and you're running Windows 7 then you'll need to also restart Aero.

One way is with SIMstarter NG, approx $15 USD or you can create a batch (*.bat) file containing the following and run it after FSX starts.

net stop uxsms
net start uxsms

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Ya that's where I was heading but since I use it in Full screen I use the ForceFullScreenVSync=1 Tag.

Glad you got it cleared up. 

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Are you using DX10 Fixer & Nvidia Inspector as well?

This is of general interest and possibly misunderstood by some FSX DX9 evangelists. I've used FSX DX10 Preview mode since it was introduced simply because of the improvements to the aircraft handling. The fact that the taxiway/runway intersections flashed at many airports caused me no concern whatsoever. Back then PC's were not so quick as they are today and the differences were not marginal. I consequently ignored scenery and planes that didn't support DX10. However now we have Steve's fixer, and the free .bat fixer in the file library, the dodgy looking graphics are gone too.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Nvidia Inspector is free http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html

DX10 Fixer is $28.99 US http://sites.fastspring.com/stevesfsxanalysis/product/dx10sceneryfixer

2 additions that will change the look of your FSX.

Also do you Sim full screen or Windowed?

Hi...just want to take an opportunity from this thread and apologies on this....

I am planning to go with dx10 on my rig that is now about 4 years old...i have a query on the nvidia inspector...I already have nvidia inspector installed but looking at the various youtube tutorials, it is suggested to install the latest inspector with profile for MS Flightsimulator 10...now how do I go about this...do I uninstall my current nvidia inspector and install the new one or it will not make any difference if I install another nvidia inspector...this is puzzling me a bit.

Also...any tutorials on how to set up dx10 correctly.

Tks.

Click on the update link on the NVidia Inspector program and it will update you properly. Always start with a fresh profile, with NVidia Control Panel 3D section choose each profile and Restore/Apply. See here:

More about using CP, and NI, for DX9, DX10, and DX11

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com