Sign in to follow this  
teopereira

Plans for a NGX "Pro" version?

i would pay $5 for a way to more quickly rotate the knob used for setting minimums

I'd pay $20 and buy the developers a drink for a fix for that!!!!

I was landing at SKBO the other day... I lined up the cursor on the knob, and then flipped my mouse over and rolled the scroll wheel on my desk three feet at a time.

• Upvote 2

The closer to reality as possible... Yes, the "pro" version could be used to prepar for a "simulator check ride" or for a "jet training course"... and would get closer to the "certification" of the NGX as a training tool... About the "circuit breakers", I think not all circuit breakers need to be simulated, just some that are checked during the preflight...

Unless you are an actual pilot or are training to be one, no degree of PC simulation is going to actually make you one - or convince anyone else that you are one. I'm not sure what the 'added value' is going to be. 'Entertainment', 'Pro' - the net result is the same.

It has already been noted that circuit breaker animation eats VAS, so that's a no-go for a start.

It's not a pro version without a pogo stick

• Upvote 1

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

It's Pro enough already, all I want is a shared cockpit! Interface handled the same as the Majestic Q400.

That is all, back to work now....

Ben

• Upvote 1

Ben

i would pay $5 for a way to more quickly rotate the knob used for setting minimums

cheers

-andy crosby

I have the Logitech G700s mouse. It has a button that disengages the rachet (or whatever you call it) on the mouse wheel. I can just flick the mouse wheel and it will spin and spin. It works very well in setting minimums.They may also have other mice that have that feature. 

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

it would be pretty darn cool to have the CBs modeled in thar fashion along with a random MEL generator of sorts.

Example,

Start up the Sim, if you want something written up, have the option to randomly generate a deferred item. Like say the apu, or left pack or something.

Or have the option like service based failures to where it randomly assigns a deferral or maybe it doesn't and you have a good plane that day.

It's a little more immersion than just hand picking a failure in the fms.

Don't we already have random failures with the NGX?

You can set any number of random failures per x hours. Isn't that what you are asking here?

Bjørn Helge Småvollan

Don't we already have random failures with the NGX?

You can set any number of random failures per x hours. Isn't that what you are asking here?

failures aren't necessarily the same thing. That works for in flight stuff or as they happen.

However, deferrals actually mean you will use the MEL. they determine if there's any operational considerations for planning. In flight stuff or stuff that happens after block out will only require the qrh, not the mel.

Getting to an airplane and seeing things written up is completely different than things happening as they happen.

Make sense? Don't know if I made that clear enough.

• Upvote 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

I never got a malfunction during the preflight check in the NGX, although as a passenger I (and other 100 or so passengers) had to "deplane" a 737 NG because of a malfuncion noticed during the preflight check... 

I thought hot starts were already possible if you add fuel too early.  Personally I just want to see the VC geometry fixed.

• Upvote 1

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

They talked about a new version for cockpit builders at Flightsimcon last year but so far no further info is forthcoming. Wondering if this idea and the sim center thing was scrapped?

This would be a Pro edition IMO  as being able to offload some of the cockpit load onto other PC's would be nice.

I thought hot starts were already possible if you add fuel too early.  Personally I just want to see the VC geometry fixed.

I remember hearing a lloonngg time ago that no start malfunctions would be modeled because the statistical probability of any malfunctions happening are so small. That includes hot starts. I have added fuel at 10%, 5%, immediately as I started the engine start process and have never gotten a hot start.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

You forgot a fully-functional coffee machine, realistic toilet, and IFE with 150+ movies.

... as long as they put some seasons of 'Air Crash Investigation' into it ...  :lol:

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I'd pay for an update for the following features alone.

Wind uploads from AS16 like we have in the T7 and the auto time compression feature. Those are two features I miss when I go from flyng the T7 back to the NGX.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

They talked about a new version for cockpit builders at Flightsimcon last year but so far no further info is forthcoming. Wondering if this idea and the sim center thing was scrapped?

This is also very important for me. Actually there is a lot of external scripting necessary to get acceptable behaviour of homecockpits. But life could be much easier: If the NGX would give out e.g. each LED state 1:1 (the info, that is used to model on/off state on the screen), no scripts would be necessary to simulate normal operation, light tests, cold and dark a.s.o. By the way, wouldn't it be helpful to open a cockpit builder corner, where such specific questions and proposals could be placed?

Urs Meyer

This is also very important for me. Actually there is a lot of external scripting necessary to get acceptable behaviour of homecockpits. But life could be much easier: If the NGX would give out e.g. each LED state 1:1 (the info, that is used to model on/off state on the screen), no scripts would be necessary to simulate normal operation, light tests, cold and dark a.s.o. By the way, wouldn't it be helpful to open a cockpit builder corner, where such specific questions and proposals could be placed?

Urs Meyer

I'm a home cockpit builder with a 737 NG and using Prosim 737 suite which is kept upto date constantly by the developers which is a 1+ for me.

I heard about PMDG bringing out a cockpit suite, sounds good to me but don't think i'll move over anytime soon as i've already paid £600. Prosim also has an addon called Prosim Utils, free from a user that developed it which is a god send, Its basically ACARS and can do everything from your CDU.

Norwegian 738 project explains some of the features at the first part of the video

https://youtu.be/t1-VM_bClNY

Vernon Howells