Sign in to follow this  
teopereira

Plans for a NGX "Pro" version?

I'm a home cockpit builder with a 737 NG and using Prosim 737 suite which is kept upto date constantly by the developers which is a 1+ for me.

Of course I thought of using Prosim, too. But I'm in love with the PMDG NGX, since I bought it years ago, offering all I need (besides home cockpit friendliness ;-)). I like their system depth most, but also the external views, that I would make available at side of my cockpit to see gears come out, smoke of tires at landing, landscape around, a.s.o. I try to do all with one high class PC using event driven external software with low PC load therefore. At the end I hope to have a compact, slim, but performant solution. I admit, this is lot of work, but very interesting. If PMDG helps with a more hardware friendly interface, it would be fantastic.

Urs Meyer

You can't use Prosim like the NGX just can't compare both products. PMDG have great products for the desktop simmer but the real meat and bones is prosim. The flightmodel is so much like the real thing and flying Prosim especially on landing is alot harder that the NGX, as the NGX is based on a quick fix desktop simmer. I loved the NGX but i needed more out of my hobbie and Prosim delivered just that.

Vernon Howells

It's threads like this that make me wonder about how many of us simmers actually forget that it's just a sim/game and think they're actually flying a plane for real.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

It's threads like this that make me wonder about how many of us simmers actually forget that it's just a sim/game and think they're actually flying a plane for real.

That's like telling a gearhead that their hot rod is "just a car", for some people it's just a game they like and for others it's a full hobby.

i would pay $5 for a way to more quickly rotate the knob used for setting minimums

cheers

-andy crosby

You could set a key command in the FMC.  I have mins set to "home" increase and "End" decrease.  Much quicker than rotating.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot_zps560238d1.jpg

I also vaguely (I could be wrong) that after the ER variants and BBJs the shared cockpit would rollout. At this point however, I just want that 74!  :Big Grin:

Why "vaguely"? It was clearly annouced by R. R. himself more than one time...

Still waiting...

Fabian Fuchs  belgium-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gi

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

That's like telling a gearhead that their hot rod is "just a car", for some people it's just a game they like and for others it's a full hobby.

well....no, it's not. Because his hot rod is in fact A CAR, and it's very real. In this case we are talking about a game/sim. And while it may well be a hobby to many, it's still not real, and there's only so much you can do to make it real as possible. You have to draw a line somewhere, and when it gets to the stage where adding so much simulation affects the overall price or performance of the product, well there's your line right there.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

well....no, it's not. Because his hot rod is in fact A CAR, and it's very real. In this case we are talking about a game/sim. And while it may well be a hobby to many, it's still not real, and there's only so much you can do to make it real as possible. You have to draw a line somewhere, and when it gets to the stage where adding so much simulation affects the overall price or performance of the product, well there's your line right there.

I agree with everything you said.

With price though, that's irrelevant.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

I agree with everything you said.

With price though, that's irrelevant.

Well I was only using price as an example, obviously price doesn't affect everyone the same way, but the more work a developer puts into a product, the more money they have to charge to cover their costs. Hypothetically speaking of course.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Well I was only using price as an example, obviously price doesn't affect everyone the same way, but the more work a developer puts into a product, the more money they have to charge to cover their costs. Hypothetically speaking of course.

couldn't agree more!

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

If everyone thought like you we would all be flying the pmdg 737 for fs9.  Thinking bigger and constantly pushing the boundaries is what leads to progress.  Some features are pointless in a simulation ( i.e. coffee makers)  but systems depth, failure modeling, and other things that create a more in depth and accurate representation of the real thing should be encouraged and developed. 

• Upvote 1

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

You could set a key command in the FMC.  I have mins set to "home" increase and "End" decrease.  Much quicker than rotating.

well, i owe you five bucks

that is an awesome tip, thanks. i realize now i never really explored that hotkey section. works great, KEGE 8330 feet??no problem!!

haha cheers,

-andy crosby

• Upvote 1

If everyone thought like you we would all be flying the pmdg 737 for fs9.  Thinking bigger and constantly pushing the boundaries is what leads to progress.  Some features are pointless in a simulation ( i.e. coffee makers)  but systems depth, failure modeling, and other things that create a more in depth and accurate representation of the real thing should be encouraged and developed.

Well said! I moved from PMDG months ago because i wanted to start flying with friends and family as looking at a VC LCD screen didn't cut it out for me and having a keyboard to retract a gear wasn't my way of immersion.

Even getting my cockpit from Flyengravity and Cpflight the girlfriend has even took an interest in how the MIP works and how all switches on the overhead work also lol i spent about an hr last night with the FCOM going through it!

Thats my main reason immersion and to let others feel the immersion instead of looking at a 28" screen

Vernon Howells

Thats my main reason immersion and to let others feel the immersion instead of looking at a 28" screen

i definitely do not disagree with you Vernon and your project sounds amazing. Although immersion happens in the mind. I remember thinking when I started out with FS98 in 1998 that it was massively immersive - having not used sims before.   That was on a 19 inch monitor lol

There is also budget constraints for most.

I remember you not so long ago bought a MASSIVE curved 4K TV. What happened?? :))