Sign in to follow this  
Dale H

more questions

Had a problem where P2ATC didn't recognize a particular call sign. Finally by changing back to different aircraft type I had used before it finally recognized it. Used config to change and save then validate and file FP. Can you explain why it might not recognize a call sign and tell me correct procedure for registering it?

I use real weather through FSGRW. ATC gives me the wrong baro reading and it is invariably 29.92. Does the program know what the weather really is if I am connected to real weather? How do I query ATIS for info?

Love the program. Finally had a chance to get in to it. The YouTube 'say it' demo helped a bunch. Making big strides in learning the lingo and getting comfortable. Very glad I got it and use it. Thanks,

Hi Dale.

Glad you're enjoying the program.

Call signs should be entered in the Config panel in Pilot2ATC.  When you change planes, you can change the call sign in the config panel.  Have a look at the User's Guide for an explanation of call sign entry rules.  After changing the call sign, be sure to press the Save button to activate it. 

In the current version, Real Weather is the default, so P2A reads the real weather from NOAA.  Unfortunately, NOAA changed their web site and data format, so Real Weather is broken right now.

The next update will have some major changes in how Pilot2ATC can read weather. In addition to fixing NOAA Weather, it will let you choose to read ASN, FSGRW, OPUS, REX or SIM weather.  If you select one of these weather sources, it will read the appropriate file from the folder you specify in the new Config Wx tab.

The weather used by ATC in Pilot2ATC can be displayed above the map by selecting the Departure or arrival airport in the flight play and pressing the WX button to the right of the map.   It is also displayed on the Info panel.  While you can tune to the ATIS frequency and listen to the weather from whatever SIM you are using, that weather will not necessarily match what is displayed. 

You can ask for weather at an airport from any controller with a call like "Center, say airport advisory for Kilo Delta Foxtrot Whiskey".  You will then get both the weather and the active runway for KDFW.

Regards

Dave

I had entered my call sign in the config panel and saved it. Did it repeatedly. Still no joy. I suspected a bug so, I closed and reopened but did not reboot. Still would not respond to it. Had not happened before. Will keep working with it.

Good news about the weather changes.

Thanks and keep up the good work,

Piper N6600M worked. Beech (and Beechcraft) DPH did not. No options checked. Did save. Will check it out this weekend and let you know if there are persistent problems. Thanks,

An other. When I set up a flight plan is there or might there be a way to select a radial to a VOR as the first waypoint from the airport of departure, for example?

Not directly, but you can set User Waypoints by right clicking on the map and selecting "Add User Waypoint".   You'd just have to figure out the right location.

Dave