Sign in to follow this  
jensendk

DXT Fixer in fs2004

Hello,

I've used this tool on all my non-default scenery and all aircraft to fix any alpha channel issues. The thing is, that i saw a warning in a post in a forum, not to use such a tool on the main texture folder, because it would ruin the sky textures. I took a look in this folder and found 247 files that had "sky" in their names. I guess these ar the ones, but are not sure if these are the only ones. I wondered if anyone here had completed this operation before and can tell me if these are the only ones i should avoid?

Regards

Kim Jensen

No textures will be harmed so don't worry. The tool only corrects the files that have the alpha bit incorrectly set.

Every FS9 user should check their textures because this bug is VERY common, and the cause for the annoying short pauses/stutters.

This is a great tool, and I have run it over the complete FS9 installation without having any unwanted effects. A must-have to keep around and run occasionally, as Peter says lots of textures come with this problem.

Thanks Peter for this brilliant app!

Thanks Sascha. Yes, try to make a habit of running dxtfixer after you've installed something, scenery or aircraft.

I forget sometimes, but I notice immediately if there are faulty textures. Those pauses are unmistakable  :P

It always cures the problem.

Finding my way through curing scenery problems a lack of an alpha certainly appears to be the most common issue. Great tool! Thanks Peter!

Mark Daniels