Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Followed content limitation

Seems to be a limitation when it comes to followed content, ie how many topics you can be subscribed to.

Wasn't like this in the past as far as I can recall where now it seems I can't follow more than a couple of subjects at any given time.

What is the actual limitation and what is the background for this limitation?

Richard Åsberg

Just to add that I've now tried to follow some more topics and maybe the limitation isn't the number of topics you choose to follow but rather a time-limit of some kind. Maybe how old the topic is or how long it was since the last post in the subscribed topic.

Just guessing here so would still be interesting if someone who knows for sure could shed some light on this.

Richard Åsberg

I do not think anyone has an answer to your question.  I surely am clueless.  Perhaps Chase will chime in.  Just passing on my comments to let you know I have absolutely no idea.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim and not a big deal of course but does feel a bit annoying when you sometimes are looking for an old topic you remember you participated in and subscribed to and when you try to find it in the list of followed content it has been automatically removed from that list.

If you then are lucky enough to find the topic manually you will then of course also notice that you're not following the topic anymore although you are positive you already choose to follow it in the past.

Oh well, please let me know if you find anything more about this.

Richard Åsberg

As I recall Tom archived old topics after two years as they were placing a burden on our system.  We have since beefed up the system a little but it still has performance issues occasionally.  Chase is the resident expert as he has been on the staff longer than me!

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I'm pretty sure I've seen topics not even close to two years disappear from the followed content list but I'm not 100% sure about that. Will keep my eyes open for it and maybe Chase can shed some light on this when he has time.

Richard Åsberg

Waking this one up since it still an issue that would be really nice to have a solution to.

Any chance you could ask Chase about this and if something could be changed to prevent it from happening?

Richard Åsberg

I have passed your request to Chase and Chuck to see if they can answer your question.

Submit News to AVSIM