Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Unspectactular AS16 and ASCA Thread ?

Just wondering what happened to the threat titled "Unspectacular AS16 And ASCA" ?

It there was an offending post could it have not been deleted rather than remove the entire thread or if the thread had run its course why not just lock it ?  I am assuming that is what happened because when I click on it now there is a message advising that I don't have access.

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I'm also wondering what happened to the original thread? I hope the mods or admins aren't censoring stuff by deleting peoples comments/threads just because.

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I don't understand the hate for ASCA? I have it and sim looks way better to me than it did with my prior setup of REX4/ASN. The biggest improvement is near thunderstorms for me.

I am seriously wondering if the hate for this product is becaus The Rex sky force video looked incredible so therefore ASCA must suck....

the skyforce video was just that a video... lets see what the real product looks like.

• Upvote 1

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

I don't understand the hate for ASCA? I have it and sim looks way better to me than it did

Agreed. The more I use AS16/ASCA, the more I like it. I wonder if people are using it without it set to Full Dynamics, which looks significantly better than the other modes.  Looking forward to seeing how skyforce compares.

Guest Mik75

It's the most realistic and immersive weather I've ever seen in FS, in my opinion.

I am sure, HiFi will fine tune a few things with future updates. But AS16 & ASCA are so good, that I had to buy AS16 for FSX and install ASCA, to fly the FS Labs A320X in FSX. I just wasn't satisfied with the ASN + REX4 + Soft Clouds combination anymore, after AS16/ASCA blew me away in P3D and gave me so many immersive flights!

I suppose the topic has been deleted because it was too negative towards their product. Or it has been accidentally hidden when a mod closed it.

Concerning the 'hate' towards ASCA: I haven't seen any video's of REX Sky Force, in fact, I don't use any REX addons because I am not a fan of REX. I simply don't like ASCA. Nothing wrong with that imho. And I am glad for those who love it.

Just wondering what happened to the threat titled "

Unspectacular AS16 And ASCA" ?

It there was an offending post could it have not been deleted rather than remove the entire thread or if the thread had run its course why not just lock it ?

Mark, the OP himself was the proximate cause of the thread being "hidden" and locked. The OP has instigated a series of posts in an apparent attempt to promote some agenda.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

An OP can hide a thread?

Anyway, I think the debate was mostly worthwhile for people like me who have actually been waiting for REX Skyforce to come out....not because I think it will be better, but because I want to get a side by side comparison from the community.  I have used REX clouds for a long time with Activesky, then AS2012, then ASN so going full on REX is a big consideration.  Hopefully a more civil topic will pop up to discuss the merits of both when Skyforce is released.

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

We don't normally open moderation decisions to discussion, and this is no different.  Suffice it to say that there are already plenty of discussion threads on this topic (use the Search function), and that there was cause to close/hide the thread.

We're not running top cover for HiFi, but we're not running the kind of place where the same guy can repeatedly throw a hand grenade into the room and then kick back with a bag of popcorn watching the fireworks show.  The OP, in this case, started his history with AVSIM by posting a counterfeited screen shot of the Flightsim Labs website on the day their long-awaited A320 went on sale...and pretty much every thread he's started has been an apparent attempt to stir up controversy.

So gents, you're free to comment (constructively) on the merits and shortcomings of ASCA and AS2016 in the threads already out there.  And, that said, we're not going to have any further discussion on this moderation decision.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case