Sign in to follow this  
Don Quixote

Ant's airplanes Winjeel released (Demo available)

Hi, someone noticed this (?) too :

Second my problem in demo: I can't operate the power of engine by my throttle (it always is full when I touch it), I can move it only by mouse.
Is it the feature of demo version? The other my addons work without any problem like this.

P3Dv3.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Greeting AVSIM.

Sorry about the problems with the Winjeel sounds. I think I have tracked down the problem (I had poorly coded the pathways to the wav files which meant they weren't loading) and have created patches for the demo version and the full pay version.

The patches (version 1.02) are available directly from my website here:

http://www.antsairplanes.com/winjeel.html

I will make full installers tomorrow after I have done some more testing to make sure everything works properly.

Hi Anthony,

I appreciate the effort you're putting into this release!  I purchased the Winjeel last night, without checking out the demo, so there was one item that caught me unawares:

You're using the LM P3D v3 recommendations for adding 'addons', which uses a P3D folder in "My Documents" for installation of the aircraft. I was caught off guard by this, since I generally try and keep things off of my 'C' drive altogether.  Is it possible to move this folder elsewhere? Or provide installation options for installing to a different location?

What I've been doing for freeware aircraft, as well as for some payware, is to follow the same installation method as RealAir used for their Legacy - the aircraft is installed to a folder outside of the main P3D folder structure, and entries are added to the appropriate P3D .cfg files for the aircraft and effects and such. Works well, and stays neat and tidy. I was also under the impression that they were following a recommendation from LM...

I guess my overall concern is that if all addon developers followed that particular LM recommendation for installation of addons, putting them in My Documents.... yikes... that's far, far more that my SSD C: drive has room for!!

Other than that, kudos, it seems like a really great aircraft!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Second my problem in demo: I can't operate the power of engine by my throttle (it always is full when I touch it), I can move it only by mouse.

Is it the feature of demo version? The other my addons work without any problem like this.

I can't help you I'm afraid, but my throttle works without issues (also on P3DV3). I have my hardware throttle (Warthog) configured through FSUIPC.

You're using the LM P3D v3 recommendations for adding 'addons', which uses a P3D folder in "My Documents" for installation of the aircraft. I was caught off guard by this, since I generally try and keep things off of my 'C' drive altogether.  Is it possible to move this folder elsewhere? Or provide installation options for installing to a different location?

I second that request. Initially I tried moving it manually to another location, but it seems that isn't possible because the configuration menu is looking for the config files in the My Documents folder. I guess many of us have a (small) SSD for Windows and a larger harddisk for their flight sim and so on, and we'd generally want to keep any addons off the C drive due to limited capacity.

Hi, someone noticed this (?) too :

P3Dv3.

Hello, can you please redownload the patch and run it again. I have just updated the patch to resolve the throttle issue.

Hi Anthony,

I appreciate the effort you're putting into this release!  I purchased the Winjeel last night, without checking out the demo, so there was one item that caught me unawares:

What I've been doing for freeware aircraft, as well as for some payware, is to follow the same installation method as RealAir used for their Legacy - the aircraft is installed to a folder outside of the main P3D folder structure, and entries are added to the appropriate P3D .cfg files for the aircraft and effects and such. Works well, and stays neat and tidy. I was also under the impression that they were following a recommendation from LM...

I guess my overall concern is that if all addon developers followed that particular LM recommendation for installation of addons, putting them in My Documents.... yikes... that's far, far more that my SSD C: drive has room for!!

Other than that, kudos, it seems like a really great aircraft!

Hi Jimmy

Please read the Pilot's Handbook PDF page 27.

You may install the Winjeel to a different location but you will have to manually add that location to the P3D add-on.cfg.

For example, this is add-on.cfg that P3D writes:

[Package.0]

PATH=C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Add-ons\Ants Winjeel

ACTIVE=true

REQUIRED=false

EDIT: I will look into adding automatic updating of the install location when I update the full installers.

EDIT 2: I am working on a new installer which will allow the user to select any install location for the P3Dv3 version. At the moment I have the Winjeel in my G: drive and I've got the sounds working. Hopefully I will get this complete today (tomorrow I have an appointment so I won't be getting much done then).

www.antsairplanes.com

Now also available at the Australian store of PC Aviator.

Anthony, can you post here when the retailers have the new installer?

Gary

WINJEEL VERSION 1.10

Hello All. I have built a new installer for the full version and demo. The full version is on it's way to the retailers so will take a day or two to filter through, I will try to let you know when it's available. The demo is available now.

Version 1.10 fixes the sounds and throttle issues. It also allows P3D v3 users to install the Winjeel anywhere they like. The installer will write the install path to the registry and the Winjeel will use this to find the sound files.

There is a patch for users of the full version available from my website so you can start using V110 straight away. You can also download the V110 demo which is the full version only.

http://www.antsairplanes.com/winjeel.html

For users of the full version run the V100 installer and then run the V110 patch to the same location.

For P3D v3 users if you want to install to a different location than the default My Documents run the V100 installer, select Prepar3D v3.x version, change the install path to your desired location (I recommend creating a new folder for this, perhaps something like "P3D aircraft", I also do not recommend putting the Winjeel into the Prepar3D program folder simply for neatness sake). The Winjeel will install to this location, then run the V110 patch and point it to the same folder, the installer will run a quick batch file to set the new pathway in P3D. Then run Prepar3D and go flying.

• Upvote 1

www.antsairplanes.com

I didn't have too much time to fly the Winjeel yet, but I did manage a few circuits and so far I'm very happy with the aircraft. In fact that's an understatement, it's not merely good but outstanding. The attention to detail is quite amazing, as is the excellent interactive checklist. With the realism modes active it isn't all that simple to get the engine started (and keep it running) and the checklist helps a lot. Once you've managed to start the thing up, it flies beautifully and very stable, although not very fast :P. Also, I love the sounds and the raindrop effects! 

This is a work of passion, without a doubt! Thank you Anthony for (another) excellent addon.

Some small issues I've come across (P3D 3.35, Winjeel 1.10):

- Canopy won't open by dragging the handle (when unlocked), but it works by clicking the menu option.

- I don't seem to have any touchdown sounds or they are just very quiet?

- The reference power settings/speed/etc tables are a bit small to read

Also, for Ezdok users, I've found that you should disable the random movement options (at least the 2nd and 3rd of the red buttons), otherwise you get a lot of bumping around (this isn't an problem with the Winjeel, but rather with Ezdok!).

D Quixote

I have bought this Plane and really am enjoying it  too - excellent add-on and great value for money

the canopy needs an assignment added in p3d controls for  spoilers ON (open canopy)  spoilers OFF (close canopy) - you can use the existing spoiler assignments or your own choice

I don't have any issues  with ezdok - all three effects are applied normally nothing unusually harsh  

in the preference popup you can reduce the engine sound it may be masking the touchdown effect -  but I agree it is not as pronounced as in other aircraft

Kevin