Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Weather Gauge for JS4100

I have AS16 and would like to use the display in the amazin' PMDG JS4100 to display the weather.

What's the best gauge or method?

TKS

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

This is the best I can do for now:

1.jpg

Download "rolasnradar-v10.zip" from the library. You will find instructions in the readme how to install it in the J41.

Download "rolasnradar-v10.zip" from the library. You will find instructions in the readme how to install it in the J41.

Followed the instructions, but the gauge doesn't show up in the VC.

Hi

I have managed to add the MilViz / REX radar to the PMDG J4100 and could send along the instruction if it helps, just let me know.

Take care and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

jkbs8uqs5k834hu6g.jpg

I finally got the rolasnradar gauge to show up. I had to create the popup 1st, then turn it on with the mouse wheel. I tried this gauge months ago, but gave up on it. Now it's working.

Hi

I have managed to add the MilViz / REX radar to the PMDG J4100 and could send along the instruction if it helps, just let me know.

Take care and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

jkbs8uqs5k834hu6g.jpg

Looks good Jim. Please post how to do it. Thanks.

All these gauges will required you edit the panel.cfg, they won't just magically appear. For Roland Ifor's free ASN/AS16 weather radar, the panel.cfg edits are at http://www.avsim.com/topic/459050-another-radar-gauge-for-vc-window-usage/page-5#entry3164774 and I think also in the documentation with the download. You can only have this gauge listed once in the panel.cfg, so you either have the VC or a popup but not both.

Note that most of these weather radars will start in an OFF state so you will need to find the hidden clickspots to get them turned on. They're all gonna look blank to start with, you won't see anything at all until you've switched them on.

790065Sanstitre1.jpg

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

All these gauges will required you edit the panel.cfg, they won't just magically appear. For Roland Ifor's free ASN/AS16 weather radar, the panel.cfg edits are at http://www.avsim.com/topic/459050-another-radar-gauge-for-vc-window-usage/page-5#entry3164774 and I think also in the documentation with the download. You can only have this gauge listed once in the panel.cfg, so you either have the VC or a popup but not both.

Note that most of these weather radars will start in an OFF state so you will need to find the hidden clickspots to get them turned on. They're all gonna look blank to start with, you won't see anything at all until you've switched them on.

790065Sanstitre1.jpg

Where is the hidden click spot to turn the gauge on for this plane?

TKS

BTW: Right now I can pop up the gauge, use the mouse wheel to turn it on, and it shows up in the vc.

The click spots are on the vc radar screen, use the mouse wheel to turn on and adjust gain, tilt and range. You dont have to pop up the 2d gauge.

With 2 entries in the panel cfg (for 2d and vc)  only the vc works and displays weather, the 2d popup is just a gray panel where only the click spots work.

• Upvote 1

Hi

Not a problem…
If you are not a fan of copy and paste I have uploaded a ZIP Archive with a modified panel.cfg file, the instructions below and the pop-up controller gauge
and here is the download link for it…

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7mvuabmp0uudpqn/MilViz_WXR_Installation.zip

The first step is to make a backup of the panel.cfg file for the PMDG J4100 found in the following location…

Your drive\FSX Main Directory\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_JS4100\panel

Once that is down the second step is to open the PMDG J4100’s panel.cfg file using something like notepad or similar, then add to the [Window Titles] section
the following as the last entry…

Window05=WX Radar

Then add the window itself as the last entry before the [Vcockpit01] section as shown below, the MV_WXR_POPUP gauge is one that I made myself to enable me to
just click on the screen of the pop-up window or the VC screen to open and close the radar gauge pop-up window, I can upload it or you can just delete the line

gauge02=MV_WXR_POPUP!MV_WXR_POPUP, 133,173,165,109

from the entry below

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Window05]
file=Advantage WXR.bmp
size_mm=419,381
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=0
visible=0
ident=71
window_size= 0.310, 0.376
window_pos= 0.020, 0.480

gauge00=MV_WX!WX2D, 0,0,419,381,2
gauge01=MV_WX!WX, 64,121,291,205,2

Next we need to add the radar gauge to the virtual cockpit of the J4100 by scrolling down to the
[Vcockpit02] section and adding the following as the last gauge entry..

gauge04=MV_WX!WX, 532,528,472,331

as mentioned in the earlier instructions I do have a gauge to control the pop-up radar by left clicking on the VC radar screen but if you don’t want this
just delete the following from the entries below…

gauge06=MV_WXR_POPUP!MV_WXR_POPUP, 586,583,108,249

and that will remove the pop-up controller gauge I made.

[Vcockpit02]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=1
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$GaugeTwo

gauge00=j41!pmdg_j41_rmu_1, 0,0,393,500
gauge01=j41!pmdg_j41_rmu_2, 393,0,393,500
gauge02=PMDG_BAe_JS4100_3!GNSXLS, 1,508,512,408
gauge03=j41!pmdg_j41_alt_pic, 896,0,128,508
gauge05=j41!pmdg_j41fms_pu_open, 919,458,53,35

And that is it you should be good to go, although you shouldn’t have any problems you can always contact me if you do have any.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

• Upvote 1

The click spots are on the vc radar screen, use the mouse wheel to turn on and adjust gain, tilt and range. You dont have to pop up the 2d gauge.

With 2 entries in the panel cfg (for 2d and vc)  only the vc works and displays weather, the 2d popup is just a gray panel where only the click spots work.

Thanks.

Hi

Not a problem…

If you are not a fan of copy and paste I have uploaded a ZIP Archive with a modified panel.cfg file, the instructions below and the pop-up controller gauge

and here is the download link for it…

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7mvuabmp0uudpqn/MilViz_WXR_Installation.zip

The first step is to make a backup of the panel.cfg file for the PMDG J4100 found in the following location…

Your drive\FSX Main Directory\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_JS4100\panel

Once that is down the second step is to open the PMDG J4100’s panel.cfg file using something like notepad or similar, then add to the [Window Titles] section

the following as the last entry…

Window05=WX Radar

Then add the window itself as the last entry before the [Vcockpit01] section as shown below, the MV_WXR_POPUP gauge is one that I made myself to enable me to

just click on the screen of the pop-up window or the VC screen to open and close the radar gauge pop-up window, I can upload it or you can just delete the line

from the entry below

[Window05]

file=Advantage WXR.bmp

size_mm=419,381

window_size_ratio=1.000

position=0

visible=0

ident=71

window_size= 0.310, 0.376

window_pos= 0.020, 0.480

gauge00=MV_WX!WX2D, 0,0,419,381,2

gauge01=MV_WX!WX, 64,121,291,205,2

Next we need to add the radar gauge to the virtual cockpit of the J4100 by scrolling down to the

[Vcockpit02] section and adding the following as the last gauge entry..

as mentioned in the earlier instructions I do have a gauge to control the pop-up radar by left clicking on the VC radar screen but if you don’t want this

just delete the following from the entries below…

gauge06=MV_WXR_POPUP!MV_WXR_POPUP, 586,583,108,249

and that will remove the pop-up controller gauge I made.

[Vcockpit02]

Background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=1024,1024

visible=1

pixel_size=1024,1024

texture=$GaugeTwo

gauge00=j41!pmdg_j41_rmu_1, 0,0,393,500

gauge01=j41!pmdg_j41_rmu_2, 393,0,393,500

gauge02=PMDG_BAe_JS4100_3!GNSXLS, 1,508,512,408

gauge03=j41!pmdg_j41_alt_pic, 896,0,128,508

gauge05=j41!pmdg_j41fms_pu_open, 919,458,53,35

And that is it you should be good to go, although you shouldn’t have any problems you can always contact me if you do have any.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Thanks.