Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Thanks, Joe.

A great man. Just watched a YT video about Joe. A bloody genius, and was not for him, there would be no Queen of the sky's.

Julian Evans

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Dang it, he passed?? Read his book. Awesome fellow.

spacer.png

Five weeks from now I'm flying out to the US on a Qantas 747-400. Looking forward to it.

Five weeks from now I'm flying out to the US on a Qantas 747-400. Looking forward to it.

Maybe Mr Travolta will be your pilot...

spacer.png

Maybe Mr Travolta will be your pilot...

Doubt it. But I wouldn't mind it if "Viper" was my pilot, with a barrel roll here and there.

Sad news, he will be much missed but his legacy lives on.

ki9cAAb.jpg

So sad to read this post.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

He defied the high and mighty of his time. He challenged Juan Trippe, Chairman of Pan Am (who wanted the 747 to be a double-decker) insisting that it be a twin-aisle single-deck aircraft. A departure from norm (and then some!) at the time.

His famous "string-in-the-boardroom" demonstration to the Pan Am brass, of the 747's cabin width, is legendary.

Eventually, Joe garnered a "You were right" from Mr. Trippe.

Access to travel, and as a result the world, changed thanks to his insights.

We should be forever thankful.

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

R.I.P. and fly forever.

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

Did he ever see the PMDG 747 v1?

I think he would be most pleased with what you are doing - bringing his legacy to the virtual skies for everyone to enjoy and tinker with. Sad how the heroes of the pioneer days in aviation are leaving us eventually.