Sign in to follow this  
shlomiAB

Help with config and FPS in P3D V3.3

Hi,
I reinstalled my P3D V3.3 and i got some problems.
I have about 100 or maybe less sceneries in my Simulator, most of them of aerosoft and FSDT and some more.

Before i installed the FTX Products i hadn't any problems, i had about 55-60FPS with all the sceneries when they enabled in addon manager.

After i installed the FTX products that i have and i mean to this:
FTX Global Base
FTX Global Vector
FTX Open LC Europe 
FTX Global North America
FTX Trees

Now after i enabled this FTX addons i got in any scenery about 16-20FPS.
I tried to config and change the settings by this tutorials:

Without any success... I really don't know what to do, Can someone help me?
I need help with set the Settings, AA and P3D.CFG Config? I want to use max setting that i can with my PC.

I also have a problem of slow loading of textures, and with 16FPS i can't takeoff and landing... also a problem i got i have to wait so long until the simulator load and until the flight is loading it take really long time.

What to do?

Can you help me to adjust the best settings for my PC?

My PC rig:

i5-4460 Quad core CPU - 3.2GHZ

GeForce GTX970 GPU - 4GB 256 bits GDDR5 memory

8GB RAM - DDR3 PC3-12800

I will appreciate it.

Thank you!

Here's a good reference for settings: http://www.robainscough.com/Prepar3D_Settings_2.html

A 3.2GHz CPU is down on the low side of acceptable processor power for P3D, and ORBX regional and Vector scenery is among the most demanding.  You won't be able to throw a complex airplane into multiple layers of that sort of scenery and see high frame rates.

I've found that restricting Terrain_Max_Load to no higher than 2048 and dialing back the LOD and autogen a bit helps.  Also, no more than 1024x1024 cloud textures (512x512 even better).

When I fly complex acft (e.g. PMDG737/777) into a complex add-on scenery located in an ORBX region (e.g. FSDreamTeam's KLAX, located in ORBX Southern California regional scenery area) I usually turn off the ORBX regional scenery as it clobbers my frame rates and VAS, even with a 4.6GHz i7-4790K CPU and dual 980Ti video cards.  You'll also want to consider turning off a lot of the heavier Vector features, like small roads.  And make sure windmills and dock cranes are turned off in FTX Central as well.  Truth be told, FTX Global + OpenLC NA + a minimal Vector config stil looks very good, and for tubeliner flights you won't appreciate much of the (excessive) scenery detail that's killing performance with ORBX regional scenery and Vector cranked up.

Also, look for Scenery Config Editor, a freeware editor scenery config tool that you can use to selectively enable/disable groups of scenery.  Even though P3D does a good job of unloading unused scenery from memory, it still goes through all of the active scenery at load time.  So if you only enable the scenery that will be used for the flight, the sim will load MUCH faster.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

What Bob said ^^ 

Also as a good starting point there would be no harm to Delete your Prepar3D.cfg and your Shaders folder, They will rebuild again when you start Prepar3D with fresh files,  It will bring your settings back to default again and clean out some of the clutter. 

Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D ► Shaders   When you start Prepar3D it will take a minute or 2 for your Shaders to rebuild again 

Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin Prepar3D.cfg     You will have to readjust your graphic settings 

Here's a good reference for settings: http://www.robainscough.com/Prepar3D_Settings_2.html

A 3.2GHz CPU is down on the low side of acceptable processor power for P3D, and ORBX regional and Vector scenery is among the most demanding. You won't be able to throw a complex airplane into multiple layers of that sort of scenery and see high frame rates.

I've found that restricting Terrain_Max_Load to no higher than 2048 and dialing back the LOD and autogen a bit helps. Also, no more than 1024x1024 cloud textures (512x512 even better).

When I fly complex acft (e.g. PMDG737/777) into a complex add-on scenery located in an ORBX region (e.g. FSDreamTeam's KLAX, located in ORBX Southern California regional scenery area) I usually turn off the ORBX regional scenery as it clobbers my frame rates and VAS, even with a 4.6GHz i7-4790K CPU and dual 980Ti video cards. You'll also want to consider turning off a lot of the heavier Vector features, like small roads. And make sure windmills and dock cranes are turned off in FTX Central as well. Truth be told, FTX Global + OpenLC NA + a minimal Vector config stil looks very good, and for tubeliner flights you won't appreciate much of the (excessive) scenery detail that's killing performance with ORBX regional scenery and Vector cranked up.

Also, look for Scenery Config Editor, a freeware editor scenery config tool that you can use to selectively enable/disable groups of scenery. Even though P3D does a good job of unloading unused scenery from memory, it still goes through all of the active scenery at load time. So if you only enable the scenery that will be used for the flight, the sim will load MUCH faster.

Regards

What Bob said ^^

Also as a good starting point there would be no harm to Delete your Prepar3D.cfg and your Shaders folder, They will rebuild again when you start Prepar3D with fresh files, It will bring your settings back to default again and clean out some of the clutter.

Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D ► Shaders When you start Prepar3D it will take a minute or 2 for your Shaders to rebuild again

Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin Prepar3D.cfg You will have to readjust your graphic settings

What Bob said ^^

Also as a good starting point there would be no harm to Delete your Prepar3D.cfg and your Shaders folder, They will rebuild again when you start Prepar3D with fresh files, It will bring your settings back to default again and clean out some of the clutter.

Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D ► Shaders When you start Prepar3D it will take a minute or 2 for your Shaders to rebuild again

Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin Prepar3D.cfg You will have to readjust your graphic settings

A 3.2GHz CPU is down on the low side of acceptable processor power for P3D, and ORBX regional and Vector scenery is among the most demanding. You won't be able to throw a complex airplane into multiple layers of that sort of scenery and see high frame rates.

I've found that restricting Terrain_Max_Load to no higher than 2048 and dialing back the LOD and autogen a bit helps. Also, no more than 1024x1024 cloud textures (512x512 even better).

When I fly complex acft (e.g. PMDG737/777) into a complex add-on scenery located in an ORBX region (e.g. FSDreamTeam's KLAX, located in ORBX Southern California regional scenery area) I usually turn off the ORBX regional scenery as it clobbers my frame rates and VAS, even with a 4.6GHz i7-4790K CPU and dual 980Ti video cards. You'll also want to consider turning off a lot of the heavier Vector features, like small roads. And make sure windmills and dock cranes are turned off in FTX Central as well. Truth be told, FTX Global + OpenLC NA + a minimal Vector config stil looks very good, and for tubeliner flights you won't appreciate much of the (excessive) scenery detail that's killing performance with ORBX regional scenery and Vector cranked up.

Also, look for Scenery Config Editor, a freeware editor scenery config tool that you can use to selectively enable/disable groups of scenery. Even though P3D does a good job of unloading unused scenery from memory, it still goes through all of the active scenery at load time. So if you only enable the scenery that will be used for the flight, the sim will load MUCH faster.

Regards

What Bob said ^^

Maybe it the Processor but it have effect for the FPS? There are nothing to do? I can't fly in this condition I get always about 16 FPS sometimes even 20..

But can I fix it? Thank you

Maybe it the Processor but it have effect for the FPS? There are nothing to do? I can't fly in this condition I get always about 16 FPS sometimes even 20..
But can I fix it? Thank you

Probably not the answer you want to hear, but you will need to uninstall some of the FTX products if you want higher frame rates. You are expecting too much.

Probably not the answer you want to hear, but you will need to uninstall some of the FTX products if you want higher frame rates. You are expecting too much.

Ok I disabled few addons of FTX by Scenery config editor... But I got now another problem I always get OOM after few min when I fly with the PMDG NGX only .. What can be the reason?

For example with Airbus aerosoft it's working well..

Thank you

No one mentions their operating system any more in their specs.

Maybe I'm old fashioned. It seems important.

Many, many times I have seen performance suxors cause of apps

in the background.  Type "startup" into Cortana.

N99WB (Win 10 64 bit)

No one mentions their operating system any more in their specs.

Maybe I'm old fashioned. It seems important.

Many, many times I have seen performance suxors cause of apps

in the background.  Type "startup" into Cortana.

N99WB (Win 10 64 bit)

I have Windows 10 64 bit

Sorry for this...