Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

iFly Jets - The 737NG on sale

It's no slouch on the systems modeling. The level of complexity is definitely more advanced than let's say the Aerosoft Airbus collection, with the depth approaching that of the PMDG model, albeit without that PMDG level of polish. It's pretty solid IMO.

Looks to be about the same price as the PMDG version so why would you get this over that version (besides just more models and variants)? Just curious because I was thinking of getting the PMDG version. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

The listing is a bit confusing. 

Are you getting all three versions or just one?  The text in red states " $10.00 Off iFly Jets 737NG for 2004/FSX/P3D", but the paragraph below reads "Each version requires a separate purchase".

Price displayed is for the P3D version, the FS2004 and FSX versions are listed as $54.95.

Ernest Pergrem

Looks to be about the same price as the PMDG version so why would you get this over that version (besides just more models and variants)? Just curious because I was thinking of getting the PMDG version.

I have both and would recommend the PMDG model over the iFly.  The iFly is good, don't get me wrong, and you get more models for the money, but the level of polish on the PMDG is worth it and I don't really fly anything other than the -800 anyway.  Not all of the knobs are scroll wheel in the iFly and I could never get over the bad clickspot issues.  The PMDG has a built in load manager instead of an external program; just a bunch of little things that add up.

Ryan

For FS9, it's one of the best aircraft you can get.

I agree about the scrollwheel and clickspot issues and really hope they would change this.

The use of the right mouse button should be removed completely, all rotating knobs should use the scrollwheel both ways

and the "increase/decrease faster" could activate with the middle (scrollwheel) button pressed.

Also more diversity for button click sounds would be very nice.

But overall it's an awesome aircraft.

The listing is a bit confusing. 

Are you getting all three versions or just one?  The text in red states " $10.00 Off iFly Jets 737NG for 2004/FSX/P3D", but the paragraph below reads "Each version requires a separate purchase".

Price displayed is for the P3D version, the FS2004 and FSX versions are listed as $54.95.

What exactly do you find "confusing"..? The coupon is for $10 off any version, and they clearly tell you (several times) that each version requires a separate purchases... I don't think they could have made it any clearer...

each version requires a separate purchases

Correct,  although the page contains download links for all three versions it isn't clear that $79.95 is for the P3D version.  .   The FS2004 and FSX version are considerably less. 

Also, if you go to the three individual pages only the P3D version contains the coupon.

That is why I stated it was a bit confusing.  However, that's my opinion and others may not find it so..

Ernest Pergrem