Sign in to follow this  
richie894

My joystick flight controls have stopped working

Everything was running fine and then I load up a new flight and no good. The joystick is connected and shows up in the p3d controls menu, with axis assigned, I can calibrate etc. The hat works and I can pan around the VC, but none of the buttons or flight controls now work. I have tried multiple aircraft and airports and reset my computer several times, but still no good. 

Also if I switch to mouse yoke, that also does not seem to do anything to the flight controls and doesnt turn the aircraft.

Any advice of what to do to fix this? I am wondering if I just knocked some random key which turns off flight conrols or something.

______

The only changes to my system was that I downloaded the new Malaga airport last night and was trying to figure out how to get SODE working.

Ctrl + K is the basic command to switch off the joystick if I remember correctly. Surprisingly, I also had several strange issues with P3D yesterday, personally I thought it was related to the novel nVidia driver release I installed yesterday evening...

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Check to make sure that buttons or axis for specific functions are not assigned in more than one joystick. Windows sometimes assigns the same axis to more than one joystick, which they makes that axis not work correctly.

tony

I will try Ctrl K later today, thanks.

The axis and buttons are all good and correctly assigned within the controls menu.

Ctrl + K is the basic command to switch off the joystick if I remember correctly. Surprisingly, I also had several strange issues with P3D yesterday, personally I thought it was related to the novel nVidia driver release I installed yesterday evening...

Ctrl + K worked - thanks! No idea how I managed to press that in the first place to turn it off. I figured it was something simple. You are my hero - thanks!

• Upvote 1