Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Error message when entering a scenery section

I am pretty new to xplane x. I downloaded a few sceneries. I also downloaded a plugin package that was suggested on some forum (cant remeber where) that contained the most common packages. Im probably mixing a few terms here, but bear with me. 

When i enter the area of oslo, Norway ENGM airport, i get an error message that something is missing. How can i find out what files i need to make it work properly? In my mind i have this image of scenery using lego blocks. Some sceneries use the standard lego blocks of xplane, while others use custom blocks which i need to download and install seperately. It was in fact beacuse i didnt know which blocks i needed that inspired someone to help me out with that package of common blocks that i mentioned at the start of my post *remembers* Even still, i get this error message, although nothing is obviously wrong with the scenery. It looks ok to me.

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Hi Andreas,

you should attach (no copy/paste) your log.txt so we can check the error (don't forget that this file is overwritten at each run, so you must attach it before to run again the simulator).

I can imagine which package are you speaking about and it miss some of the most used libraries, you must check as first what the scenery developer say about the prerequisites.

Our web site: http://ats-simulations.com/

Our MD-82/83 Project Youtube channel: A.T.S. Aircraft Training Solutions

Video development preview created by Thomas Rasmussen: Aircraft Training Solutions (A.T.S.) MD-82 for X-Plane 10 - Preview

You are probably missing one of the needed libraries for the scenery. Make sure to read the "read me" coming with the scenery package. 

Wilco

the log file will tell what file is missing, log file is found under the xplane root folder "log.txt"

Manuel Merelles

Sorry for my late update on this topic, guys. I've had a busy week. Here is the hopefully relevant excerpt from the log file:

0:00:12.850 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'Fruitstand_Aircraft/A343_SAA.obj', referenced from scenery package 'Custom Scenery/ENGM tdg/'.
0:00:12.850 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/ENGM tdg/Earth nav data/+60+010/+60+011.dsf:
0:00:12.850 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: Fruitstand_Aircraft/A343_SAA.obj
0:00:12.850 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'Fruitstand_Aircraft/A310F_THYc.obj', referenced from scenery package 'Custom Scenery/ENGM tdg/'.
0:00:12.850 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/ENGM tdg/Earth nav data/+60+010/+60+011.dsf:
0:00:12.850 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: Fruitstand_Aircraft/A310F_THYc.obj
0:00:28.551 I/SCN: DSF load time: 1040719 for file Custom Scenery/ENGM tdg/Earth nav data/+60+010/+60+011.dsf (0 tris)
0:00:28.551 I/SCN: DSF load time: 2858 for file Custom Scenery/Global Airports/Earth nav data/+60+010/+60+011.dsf (0 tris)
0:00:28.568 I/SCN: DSF load time: 13434 for file Custom Scenery/zzz_Treelines_Farms_Europe_v2/Earth nav data/+60+010/+60+011.dsf (0 tris)
0:00:29.368 I/SCN: DSF load time: 1855929 for file Global Scenery/X-Plane 10 Global Scenery/Earth nav data/+60+000/+60+009.dsf (225356 tris)
0:00:30.118 I/SCN: DSF load time: 1545225 for file Global Scenery/X-Plane 10 Global Scenery/Earth nav data/+60+010/+60+011.dsf (196179 tris)
0:00:33.934 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:00:33.934 E/SYS: | There was a problem loading the scenery package:
0:00:33.934 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/ENGM tdg/
0:00:33.934 E/SYS: | The scenery may not look correct.
0:00:33.934 E/SYS: | Please see the log.txt file for detailed error information.
0:00:33.934 E/SYS: | (io_dsf.cpp:694)
0:00:33.934 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

When you install a new Airport, check what libraries are required.

OSLO from TDG,  http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/30814-engm-oslo-airport/

requires this:

CDB-Library Version 2.2 (My Donation October 2014)

OpensceneryX,
R_2 library,
ruScenery,
FFlibrary,
The Handy objects library 3.9,
RE_Library 1.8,
3D people library 3.8
MisterX Library 1.1
THE-FRUIT-STAND Aircraft Library v2.2
BS2001 Object Library 1.1
Flags of the World

as per your log file, xplane is complaining about this:
0:00:12.850 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: Fruitstand_Aircraft/A343_SAA.obj
0:00:12.850 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'Fruitstand_Aircraft/A310F_THYc.obj', referenced from scenery package 'Custom Scenery/ENGM tdg/'.

So you are missing the library specified by the developer (THE-FRUIT-STAND Aircraft Library v2.2) :

hope this helps

Manuel Merelles