Hi

I'm considering taking the plunge into a vr headset ,not sure which make yet.

I see plenty of post out there about screen res within the vr headsets not being great,my question is what is the res of these headsets?

Due to an extreme lack of space I am currently running an old  monitor that has a resolution of 1920x 1080,is this the same as these vr headsets? if it hopefully is, then as i've never experienced p3d at 4k res it would not be the downer that some are finding for me

Graphic card wise its not an issue as I have a 980ti.

Just looking for a bit of advice before potentially pulling the pin

thanks

Pete Little

Resolution is 1080x1200 per eye, so lower than you currently have. Also worth noting, according to Oculus, is that if you want to stay in virtual reality for more than a few minutes, you'll probably need to build a tolerance to it with quite a few users saying that it either makes them feel sick or gives them a headache with prolonged use. Try before you buy would be a good idea.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

If one gets a headache in VR there are few reasons (I married an eye doc) but I can't give medical advice.  The rift has PD setting (which can be manually adjusted - very crucial).  One should wear contacts or glasses though Rift is suited for contacts than glasses (some frames are too bulky) and if headaches still exist you need to get your eyes checked by the doc to see if prescription has changed or not.

On top of this Async frames using Flyinside needs to be at 90 (which is kinda easy to setup).

Lot of my friends tried the rift and then realized so many need eye exams as they had not gotten exam exams in few years and all their prescription changed.

I can sim fine in VR.  I can't go back to 2d monitors or multiscreen (I have that too).

If you are in the US - try the Rift at Best Buy (they even PS4 VR demos - same resolution - see website for locations) and Microsoft Store for Vive Demo

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Thanks skywolf and vortex

Im in uk but am visiting US in November.

Plan is to possibly buy one while there

Pete Little