Sign in to follow this  
Franz007

X-Plane-User new to P3D!

On programming the Logitech coolie hat (I guess that's what you are speaking about) for trimming: I am not sure if Prepar3d itself permits this, but I am pretty sure FSUIPC allows quite freely assigning buttons (and axis) to events and I think it comprises your case (Advanced Manual p.50).

Honestly, the advanced features of FSUIPC need a bit time to get used to, thus it might be wise to start with the other addons and, maybe, return to that point later on.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Once again: thanks very much to all of you for your precious informations and good tipps!

I'm beginning now to build a basics of all those addons...will keep you infrom on how it works :smile:

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

Also, use the PTA shader tool.  It transforms the look of the sim significantly.

A little info where i am right now: sadly i had more problems than expected...had to install and reinstall the whole sim again, because ORBX did not found any registry. Now the ORBX-installation was succesfull but within the Sim i dont see any difference to before: the landscapes doesn't look like in the printscreens of ORBX. They look more like default, even if 4-5 ORBX-products are showed in the scenery-menu and are activated (cross on the left). But activating or deactivating them doesn't change anything in the appearance...so i am still in contact with the ORBX-support.

In fact i dont really understand the logical of that scenery menu (list). I can find there other Europe-scenery's but i dont know what the compatibility with ORBX is or if the will cause something like an interference. Do i have to deactivate every other scenery of the same regions?

Having problems installing the Ezdok CAMERA Addon as well.

So i am having huge difficulties to understand the whole logic, where an addon is beeing installed and how to make sure it is activate.

My goal for this week-end is to be sure ORBX is correctly installed and active. Then i wanted to set a camera-view with Ezdok Cam. I would like to be able to press on the right mouse-button and then moving the mouse in every direction making the view turning around (as i was used to in X-Plane). And i still have to assign some keys but that should be less of a problem.

The positive impression for now is the weather tool (AS16) and the cloud-textures (ASCA): they really look fantastic! So it seem to be the only Adon that works as expected...

I really hope i could then purchase my first PMDG aircraft and some Airport-scenery to make my first Flight this week-end.

Don't forget Orbx FTX Global Vector.  It's a great improvement over default vector (coast lines, roads, etc.).

Vector is really good, and has an elevation correction tool that is extremely valuable. The NA OpenLC product requires vector as well. (totally amazing landclass product!). It does come with a large VAS hit relatively speaking too, so adjust settings accordingly to suit your system.

OK, i will purchase Global Vector. And what about FTX Global OpenLC Europe + North America? Are they worth it? I just want a good base scenery...

And is there a way to improve the basic Autogen (Builidngs etc.)? In X-Plane i used OSM/W2XP. Is there something simliar?

Did you run the FTX Central v2 utility?  That is how you make sure Orbx is running.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I can only tell you my personal experience. OpenLC NA is nothing but excellent and sure worth buying. Unfortunately, I wouldn't say the same on OpenLC EU. While the first one has good integration with Vector and representation of cities, the letter lacks both, to an extent. It's certainly still better than default, but not that much compared to OpenLC NA. Agricultural areas, woods etc. are quite good and have nice textures, but cities like Rome or Munich are a mess.

Just IMHO of course.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Did you run the FTX Central v2 utility?  That is how you make sure Orbx is running.

Yes I did. So it looks like it is installed...thanks!

I can only tell you my personal experience. OpenLC NA is nothing but excellent and sure worth buying. Unfortunately, I wouldn't say the same on OpenLC EU. While the first one has good integration with Vector and representation of cities, the letter lacks both, to an extent. It's certainly still better than default, but not that much compared to OpenLC NA. Agricultural areas, woods etc. are quite good and have nice textures, but cities like Rome or Munich are a mess.

Just IMHO of course.

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks for for your opinion Michael! I will try them as well i guess. Then the PMDG 737NGX and a few freeware Airports scenerys for the beginning and i will have spend around 400-500 Euros to begin flying seriously.

My Advice Go slow.. do not go EZ DOK an all at this stage... you would end up hating P3D....  This is only for Post graduates. LEave that alone. Leave out anything where you have to do anything other than a simple click and install type of addons.

Stage 1. Right now, get comfortable with using the command keys and joy stick assignment with or without FSUIPC.. Find out where the scenery.cfg is, DLL.xml and exe.xml (There are two sets in two different locations..maybe)?  Get familiar with all that Meta stuff.  This is like when you are transitioning from one aircraft to another say a Boeing to an Airbus, you need to get familiar with the new world you are in.

Stage 2: Start with a good GA Aircraft like Real Air aircraft they have specifically for P3D. I think they have two aircrafts.

Scenery, like others have said, Orbx textures maybe a region and couple of  Orbx airports or Fly Tampa Airports or FSDT or any of the 1000s out there... personal preference.. this would not add to complexity or confusion.  Do you really need to add mesh? 

Stage 3: PMDG airliners

Stage 4. Struggle through difficult addons like UT traffic and EZDOK and what not and get frustrated with its own rewards once you get over the struggles..and hopefully by then you are endeared to P3D that you won't give up on P3D. LOL :)

• Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Also, use the PTA shader tool.  It transforms the look of the sim significantly.

Excellent advice to another new P3D user, cheers brother!

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

Thanks Manny. You are right. I want to go a little bit too fast...in the meantime i could make EZDOK to work and have almost the feeling i had in X-Plane, since i can move the camera around with my mouse. But i wont save defined views for now, will leave that for the future.

Thanks for the advice about scenery.cfg, DLL.xml and exe.xml...i still dont even know for what it is for, since i have't heard about it until yet...

scenery.cfg is the scenery library, It corresponds to scenery_packs.ini in XP

dll.xml and exe.xml define modules (dlls and exes) the simulator loads at startup.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

Hi Franz, I too AV kinda come over from X plane, I'm have had p3d installed now for just over a week and I really like it, it runs a lot smoother than fsx. I have installed a couple of or Orbx scenery without a hitch what I previously bought for fsx but now they come with the p3d installers. There is one thing I'm thinking of buying and that is Simplecam from http://www.aivlasoft.com/, I have the demo installed and it works really well and it's not expensive, but I too are going to take it slow, but up to now I'm giving p3d a good go 👍👍. Cheers

Regards

Paul EGCC

Regards

Paul EGCC