Sign in to follow this  

Short flights, GTN 750: what plane is realistic?

My two favorites are the Milviz Cessna 310 and the Quest Kodiak. Especially like tooling around Alaska in the Kodiak Amphib.

Vic

Hi Vic-

Is there code to get that into the dash panel? I've got that aircraft somewhere...

The Milviz 310 has a premade panel - I should have the code for the Kodiak. Won't be able to get to it until tomorrow. Pretty sure I got it from Bert - you might want to PM him ans ask REALLY nice.   :smile:

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

GTN 650-750  works great in the A2A 172, C 182, and Cherokee, and I use it in the Kodiak and Beaver. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

One of my favourites is the Phenom! With Bert's superb installation routine, that Bizzjet gets its 15k upgrade...Well when you have just spent $5,000,000 the 750 is pocket change..:-)

Cheers

David

I would put the 750 into and ultralight and already use it all the time in my A2A B-377.

I'm embarrassed to say I only just realized that I could use the 750 in the Stratocruiser.  I mean, I knew it was possible, but never thought of doing it.  Have always struggled with the top-of-descent and rate-of-descent calculations for that particular aircraft, and the idea of using the vcalc function feels like getting out of Stratocruiser jail.  The 750 ought to fit beautifully with that wonderful retro Delta livery you painted for it.

For short hops (100-200 nm)

My current favorite is the Carenado Aero Commander 500S Shrike

Retrofitted with the GTN750 and a WX Radar. + Bert's AP mod.

Flown it (at 8,500 ft) to most Caribbean destinations, but plan to land in all of them.

after that during winter I will ferry it to Oregon and fly north all the way to Kodiak.

The Carenado Bonanza A36 (payware not the one in P3D) is also a beauty.

its retrofitted with 2 GTN650's and Bert's mod.

Both offer a better outside view than the twins suggested, which I also like.

Cheers.

Carenado 350i right now, perfect for short 200nm hop`s, and perfect panel mod by Ryan, i`ve just completed an Around Oz tour and used the 750 for every flight, i love the GPS approaches....

tpewpb-6.png

I'm embarrassed to say I only just realized that I could use the 750 in the Stratocruiser.  I mean, I knew it was possible, but never thought of doing it.  Have always struggled with the top-of-descent and rate-of-descent calculations for that particular aircraft, and the idea of using the vcalc function feels like getting out of Stratocruiser jail.  The 750 ought to fit beautifully with that wonderful retro Delta livery you painted for it

Thanks, the Delta is my favorite also. GTN 750 works well as a popup in that bird and all you have to do is pop it up and hit Ctrl+N on the keyboard and it should take to a great approach. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

GTN 750 works well as a popup in that bird

Will give it a test drive...  with luck this weekend, if I can get clients and colleagues to shut down for Labor Day...

Real world, it's a matter of relative costs of the avionics vs airframe. The most realistic would be an airplane that's somewhere between being too old to justify the expense, and not so new that it came out of a factory with a G1000 or Avidyne Entegra avionics suite.

Given that there's few, if any Garmin add-ons for FSX that match the F1 GTN-750 in realism and capability, I've found that if you can find a suitable PFD, you can enlarge the GTN-750 to simulate a G1000 MFD rather easily with a panel editor. This is a means to justify using the GTN-750 in many different GA airplanes. Using this method, you'll also need to find some suitable engine gauges.

I'm embarrassed to say I only just realized that I could use the 750 in the Stratocruiser.  I mean, I knew it was possible, but never thought of doing it.  Have always struggled with the top-of-descent and rate-of-descent calculations for that particular aircraft, and the idea of using the vcalc function feels like getting out of Stratocruiser jail.  The 750 ought to fit beautifully with that wonderful retro Delta livery you painted for it.

Given, to my knowledge, there's no flyable Stratocruisers left in existence, and Delta never flew them, you're already well into the Twilight Zone. The GTN should fit right in.

Given, to my knowledge, there's no flyable Stratocruisers left in existence, and Delta never flew them, you're already well into the Twilight Zone. The GTN should fit right in.

Or perhaps Fantasy Island. I like to think of it, not as a period aircraft, but rather as a restored one operating in modern aircraft. So in this case, it might be something Delta is doing as a promotion. Now, it they wanted to be authentic about their heritage, they'd fly the Northwest paint that comes with the aircraft. But Paul's Delta version is just too pretty to pass up.

A2A has said that they'll treat their upcoming Connie the same way, as a modern restoration, with room for a GPS in the panel. So maybe that'll fly with the 750, too.

I've used all the functions and features and in that regard, I find it extremely realistic.

Since Garmin wrote the code... of course it's extremely realistic.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Gee, I had nooooo idea

It's like your bitter about F1 bringing it to FSX/P3D

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Following up, i normally use the 750 in most aircraft and especially like it in the Turbine Duke. As far a realism or fun is concerned, I tend to lean toward realism. As an example, a couple of my grand kids ages 6-8 want to fly when here. When they deliberately choose to fly into a building or whatever, I say its time to quit. If they want to learn how to properly fly the default 172 I am glad to assist, and they can fly as long as they want to. Anyone else experience this with kids? I think of sim as a "trainer" and not a "game" regardless of what TIME calls it!