Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

d3d11.dll Error

Required trustedinstaller

Please don't paraphrase. What is the exact error message? You shouldn't need TrustedInstaller to rename a file in your own user profile.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Please don't paraphrase. What is the exact error message? You shouldn't need TrustedInstaller to rename a file in your own user profile.

This is EXACT error message when I tried to rename the file! It said Required TrustedInstaller.

It is okay. Something is screwed up in Windows 7 Pro that would require professional to fix some files that would allow FSX to run.

I think it is something wrong with some Windows operating system files that is blocking FSX from running.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

You sure you don't mean: You need authorization from TrustedInstaller in order to perform this action. 

I'd look here: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=required%20trustedinstaller

It's going to involve taking ownership of the file, I suspect.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Exactly correct, Luke which I did few takes ago follow the specific instructions on how to take ownership of system files and rename, delete, or move them. The bizarre thing is it keeps telling me the same error message.

There is nothing wrong with my 4 or 5 year old laptop which is still blazing fast which is why I prefer to try to fix the Windows problem to get FSX running.

Unfortunately, some files in Windows 7 operating system must be damaged or corrupted even though tons of scan runs revealed no problems.

Time for me to buy new laptop for FSX flying and use the old one for everything else including reading Avsim posts.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Exactly correct, Luke which I did few takes ago follow the specific instructions on how to take ownership of system files and rename, delete, or move them. The bizarre thing is it keeps telling me the same error message.

So are the permissions actually being changed?

Unfortunately, some files in Windows 7 operating system must be damaged or corrupted even though tons of scan runs revealed no problems.

They're not corrupted or damaged, which is why a scan wouldn't detect them. The system is functioning "normally" (to the OS) but for whatever reason it's not allowing you to change permissions in that directory. I wonder if other folders under %APPDATA% are the same way?

Time for me to buy new laptop for FSX flying and use the old one for everything else including reading Avsim posts.

:unknw:

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

Hey guys,

I faced this problem too but my FSX refuses to start in DX10 mode (SteeveFX) without KB2670838 update. Also this update affects on FSLABS A320. Without it there is no terrain displaying on ND while TERR button is on. I didn't install anything and did no changes in FS..I'm very sad about it  :-( 

Luke,

It is almost five year old laptop even though it is in mint condition and blazing fast. New payware sceneries
will not run on it. I would like to use Aerosoft Anchorage X and Aerosoft Fairbanks X but am afraid to install those on my five year old laptop even though I bought those last year and 2 years ago.  LMAO.  I also have FlyTampa Montreal scenery that makes my 5 year old laptop tiny bit sluggish (7 fps) but FlyTampa KTPA runs well in my old laptop.

Also,  FSX seems to be dead in my laptop.  It now refuses to recognize my Nvidia althought Nvidia is working well in my laptop.

Hence me shopping around for new powerful laptop with 16 GB ram, 1 TB 7,200 rpm hard drive, 8 GB video ram, 256 GB SSD, and 15 inch screen.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg