Sign in to follow this  
Shermann

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort2.

Hi everyone i am having this problem with FSX-Se i ope the sim and the selct the trike or whatever plane in whatever airport i click on flight i start s to load and sometimes at 4% of loading it crashes to dest top sometimes i see the plane parked at the airport for less than 2.5 seconds and again the sim closes. I generated the FSX.CFG many times amd always the same problem. In the event viewer i read this problem The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort2.

- Provider
      [ Name] atapi
    - EventID 11
      [ Qualifiers] 49156
      Level 2       Task 0       Keywords 0x80000000000000     - TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2016-08-31T23:19:46.961325200Z
      EventRecordID 134253       Channel System       Computer dino-PC       Security

- EventData

\Device\Ide\IdePort2      

0000100001000000000000000B0004C002000000850100C00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000004100000

Well i run FSX-SE on windows 7 64, The OS is installed on a normal HDD disk and FSX-SE is installed on a Samsung HDD 840 EVO. I run a Samsung Diagnostic Tool and the disk is healthy, this toll state the disk is more healthy than me, So i dont think it is a disk error. So i dont know what can cause the problem at all. I checked the Dll.XML file and ii saw ,mmultiple entries that for me are all the same but i really understand nothing so i will try to attach it her together with the FSX.CFG. I run only FSX-SE without FSX box.  Well it seems there is no way to attach them.

Any idea or suggestion?

Thanks alot 

It seems i solved the problem. I noticed that when i started with th trike the joystick assigned was the saitek Yoke that is assigned thru FSUIPC so i selected a plane that had no assigned joystick yet and the sim started normally. I closed all and started again with the trike and again sim crashed. So i unplugged the USB Plug it back and now all is working.

Thanks everyone