Sign in to follow this  
Ecosse_821

FSX Steam compatible yet?

As the title implies, I was wondering if the JS4100 current version will work with a stand-alone install of FSX-SE?

David Norman Paul

Escosse_821,

I have PMDG 737 NGX and 777 running with FSX Steam with no issues.  I assume the JS4100 will work as well.  

David Russell

Commercial Pilot

Airplane Single Engine Land Instrument Airplane

As the title implies, I was wondering if the JS4100 current version will work with a stand-alone install of FSX-SE?

It hasn't been made compatible yet, nor is it supported by PMDG. But you can install the J41 into FSX-SE and it works well. The only problem I've found is that the autopilot IAS mode does not work.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Thanks guys.  I had seen one other thread about this, and was hoping one of the devs might jump in here and give me hope.   Not having the plane work properly would be a deal breaker.   I rely on IAS mode a lot on takeoff.   I hate to forego a FSX Steam install for just one plane, but it happens to be one of my absolute favorites!  

I suppose I could keep my computer that is being replaced and leave FSX-Boxed on it with the JS4100 and get a KVM switch to go between the two, but that's kind of a cumbersome solution.

David Norman Paul

The JS4100 Update for Steam has not been completed yet but it is still planned.  We hope to get it wrapped up after the release of the 747-400 product.

• Upvote 2

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

The JS4100 Update for Steam has not been completed yet but it is still planned.  We hope to get it wrapped up after the release of the 747-400 product.

Thanks, Paul.  That is wonderful news!  The JS4100 is amazing.

David Norman Paul

Hoping for it soon. It has installed fine but has many issues making it unfit to fly. The simconnects (3) from the fsx:se sdk folder did not solve this as it apparently did for others.

vafs_status.php?cs=AMA141&c=1&w=1

Would love some official word that they will be making it steam compatible at a set date, its a pricey plane to buy with no grantee you can get it working.

I just spent several days doing a fresh install of Windows 7 and FSX-Boxed/Acceleration on a system where I had had FSX-Steam working beautifully. 

I just missed the JS4100 too much and couldn't wait for the fix. 

David Norman Paul

Given that the JS4100 is now 'legacy' is this still going ahead?

• Upvote 1

I'm hoping that they are still going to do it! 

David Norman Paul

I'd Pay up to 10-15 for a patch to fix this if it makes them move. My boxed edition is freaking unstable compared to Steam.

• Upvote 1

I'd Pay up to 10-15 for a patch to fix this if it makes them move. My boxed edition is freaking unstable compared to Steam.

Me too.  Heck I'd buy the product again at full price for a Steam edition.   I wouldn't be super happy to have to do that, but I'd do it.  

I went as far as to abandon a stable install of FSX Steam and all my addons that I had worked for weeks to get right, just so that I could install Boxed and be able to fly the JS4100!

David Norman Paul

It's been a week since the question was asked but no PMDG response yet. May I have one please?

It's been a week since the question was asked but no PMDG response yet. May I have one please?

Direct communications with PMDG has to be through PMDG Product Support.  As far as I know they have not announced any change in the status of the JS41, it is still planned for an update and I am just as eager as anyone to see it in P3D.

Dan Downs KCRP