Ecosse_821

FSX Steam compatible yet?

18 posts in this topic

The only reason I don't have a J41 is it is not FSXSE comparable, if there were to be a P3D version, I grab it even faster.  Please some of us are not inclined to fly  zeppelin-sized aircraft, there is a market for a smaller aircraft of PMDG quality

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

On 9/2/2016 at 11:51 PM, Jet Tech said:

The JS4100 Update for Steam has not been completed yet but it is still planned.  We hope to get it wrapped up after the release of the 747-400 product.

So the 747 has been out for a little while.

I'm kind of wondering -- if PMDG has decided NOT to make the JS41 compatible with FSX-SE, will you at least tell us?   Or are you just going to leave us out here swinging in the breeze, waiting?

Thanks!

When I was running FSX boxed my PC was lacking a bit in performance so flying the J41 into larger addon airports would result in a not so pleasant experience with stutters and frame rates <25. That said I always liked flying the J41, pretty much the only real decent twin of its size available.

when I upgraded (read replaced) my PC I decided to switch to FSX:SE but was rather miffied to find out the J41 was not compatible. Recently I have switched to P3Dv4  and finally feel I am using a flight sim that is almost there. 

It would be the icing on the cake if the J41 was revisited and made compatible and ideally with a few tweaks like a proper cold and dark option when loading etc. It is one of the few aircraft that I really miss flying.

Paul Lathwell