Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

New to DX10 Fixer - Issue with Click Spots

So, I am very new to the fixer.  I haven't read every detail in the manual but I can't see where anything is mentioned in the manual about problems with click spots.

I found several threads about "jumping mouse" and some thing about click spots.

So I have the GTN stack setup for launching the GTN popup.  Some planes I click on the stack but the gauge won't popup.

Further, some cases where I can popup the GTN, I undock the gauge and move to my second monitor, all of a sudden the gauge goes blank, I found out if I right click in certain places the gauge will start working again, but then my mouse arrow starts flashing and jumping about and I can't click on other stuff in the VC.

Today I found one work around which was to right click on the main FSX window, basically anywhere, and click undock window, then immediately to right click again and remove the undock window check mark...and this fixes the click spot issue.

But this is all very annoying.

Have others experienced this issue, or similar issues..and is there a setting I'm missing in the DX10 controller that fixes this issue?  Or is there some other aspect of fsx settings that fixes issues with clickspots?

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Hello Bryan

I am not aware of any issues with click spots not working or behaving differently in dx9 or dx10 - it's not something I have seen.

I did notice recent reports on the fsl Airbus forum about click spots not working in (dx9/dx10) if they had moved the seat and fsx thought their position in space overlapped with the seat.

For undocked Windows with multiple monitors then yes the lockup you describe is well known. The reported solution has always been to right click in the undocked window - see the multiple monitors section in the dx10 how to guide from nzfsim. However it sounds like you are suffering more than is suggested there?

The fixer and controller purely deal with the dx10 shaders and the graphical issues ( transparency and z fighting) that they caused. It has no control over the dx10 api which the core uses for mouse over areas and window creation/resize, so I am afraid there are no settings that impact this.

OK Steve, helpful stuff.  I do not have the issue with DX9 so it seemed connected.  And the right click or unlock and relock the window works but is just annoying.

I am wondering if my issue might then extend to monitor resolution, which is different on each of my two monitors, one being a 40inch TV.

I will keep experimenting to see what I can find.

Near CAM3

Nope, first I heard of it, and have just pulled it down and will have a read.

• Upvote 1

Near CAM3

So I have this all sorted out thanks.

• Upvote 1

Near CAM3